Sons' sorrow

Paddy Flannery is letting himself down on that page tbh. I love the guy as much as the next Sons fan but his comments are rash and bordering on out of order. If he has any aspirations of actually becoming our manager then I would suggest antagonising half the support by telling them they haven't a clue what they're talking about is a wise idea.

Not letting himself down as much as the young team mind you, the sooner they get bored of our club the better, and I say that as someone who knows how desperately we need folk through the door. 

Edited by The Moonster

On 11/25/2018 at 09:07, pleslie99 said:

The quicker we rid ourselves of these wannnabe hard men the better. The club is in need of support, we are going through a tough time and these wee cretins don't help matters.
I dusted off my old FB log in and had a look for a laugh, some of their chat is horrific.

Agree with this.  Never had any kind of trouble in over 16 odd years following Dumbarton and in the last year there has been a few incidents involving these wee fuds now.  

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don't what exactly their job entails but I know they don't work Friday nights as part of their standard working week. Unless they are taking on extra shifts outwith their normal hours, which is entirely their choice.

That's not what I've been told.

I know the guy Andy Gordon at C&G (not very well, but well enough to have a short chat with him when I see him at games). I've lost count of the times I've heard him say that the players shift work is arranged around the football side, they've done this not just for our players this season but for many players in the past.  It would be absolute madness to send players to work a Friday night knowing that they need to be at the stadium for 1pm or earlier depending if the game is home or away.  

It looks to me like it's a handy excuse for players not bothering their arse though. 

Paddy Flannery is letting himself down on that page tbh. I love the guy as much as the next Sons fan but his comments are rash and bordering on out of order. If he has any aspirations of actually becoming our manager then I would suggest antagonising half the support by telling them they haven't a clue what they're talking about is a wise idea.
Not letting himself down as much as the young team mind you, the sooner they get bored of our club the better, and I say that as someone who knows how desperately we need folk through the door. 

Paddy seems to talk in the abstract. It’s all down to “getting more out of the players” and other general comments. He doesn’t seem to have many comments pertinent to how things could be improved. He claims to have been at the game on Saturday. I’d be interested to know if anyone saw him.