Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
26 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

I'm awaiting the usual pish from the media about how we've sacked a miracle worker who should have been going on to bigger and better things. I think Aitken has a few friends in the media so no doubt it will be forthcoming over the next few days.

I'm already hammering away at the keys on a massive article looking at his entire time with us. The good stuff (Hibs win, St Mirren win etc) will all feature - but so will some of his other decisions. Andy Graham being stripped of the captaincy, Eamonn Brophy barely featuring, long goal-less runs and the like.

Absolutely the correct decision and massive credit to the board for taking swift action. Nothing personal against Aitken but his position had become untenable in recent weeks. It's actually on Sky Sports News as we speak as breaking news #bigtime.

Who do we turn to now?

Gardner Speirs or Paul Hartley for me.

I wasn't going to post this, but I was told yesterday that the club is in talks, or about to start talks, with a potential £3 million investor. Note that I said "investor"not "buyer".
Now I have no way of confirming this (which is why I was keeping it to myself) but my 'source' is not only a respected businessman in these parts but a very brave one: he dragged me away from my pint to tell me this which I will not appreciate if it turns out to be, in the words of a certain radio pundit of yesteryear, "bunkum".

It’s bunkum. Trust me.

Decisions have consequences.

Was it the right decision to sack Aitken right now? We'll only know that in the fullness of time. It doesnt help that we have 5 or 6 clubs now looking for managers. Clearly those who would be looking at Dundee United or Partick Thistle wouldn't be looking at us. If either of those sides look to take a chance on a manager already in a job then the knock on effect could see ourselves, Airdrie and one or two others looking for a new appointment. Then there's the issue of finances. Despite popular belief on here, you can't lose £150k from the budget, fund a squad that many thought would be amongst the best in the division and put money away for a rainy day. There are financial consequences for absolutely every decision that the board makes.

We'll find out at the end of the season whether the decision to sack Aitken now was the correct one or not.  Things don't happen in isolation and we need to hope that club finances can pay Aitken's severance, fund an appropriate replacement and continue to meet the club's existing financial obligations.

Was it the right decision to sack Aitken right now? We'll only know that in the fullness of time. It doesnt help that we have 5 or 6 clubs now looking for managers. Clearly those who would be looking at Dundee United or Partick Thistle wouldn't be looking at us. If either of those sides look to take a chance on a manager already in a job then the knock on effect could see ourselves, Airdrie and one or two others looking for a new appointment. Then there's the issue of finances. Despite popular belief on here, you can't lose £150k from the budget, fund a squad that many thought would be amongst the best in the division and put money away for a rainy day. There are financial consequences for absolutely every decision that the board makes.

We'll find out at the end of the season whether the decision to sack Aitken now was the correct one or not.  Things don't happen in isolation and we need to hope that club finances can pay Aitken's severance, fund an appropriate replacement and continue to meet the club's existing financial obligations.
Well, technically, we'll never really know if it was the right decision.

Sticking with Aitken could have seen us relegated or it could have seen us turn a corner and make the playoffs. We'll never know. One things for sure, the way things were going a relegation battle was becoming a real possibility with each passing week and the board had to take the risk.

I'd be surprised if the board have made a financial decision that hinders us going forward. I'm confident in them making a decent appointment.

Your a bundle of joy.

What we don't know is what has been agreed between both parties.

What we do know is Aitken's tenure had become unattainable and it was the right thing to do.