Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Not any cause for celebration but correct decision.

hooefully newperson in place soon with tough task ahead

It is in my eyes.  Of course I would rather he done a good job and had us competing but he wasn't able to and over stayed his welcome.

I had no confidence in him (and clearly never did the players), whoever we bring in has a tough job but am I happy we are making the change now before it is too late?  Absolutely!

The right decision and I do hope it was able to be taken without further debt being incurred. It’s probably going to be someone who’s out of a job at the moment for a replacement. McIntyre (probably unlikely) Duffy or Hartley would be my choice. I’d hope Durrant isn’t on the list.

The Sun referring to us as an 'amateur' team [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3319489/dumbarton-sack-stevie-aitken/
I'm awaiting the usual pish from the media about how we've sacked a miracle worker who should have been going on to bigger and better things. I think Aitken has a few friends in the media so no doubt it will be forthcoming over the next few days.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
16 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

I'm awaiting the usual pish from the media about how we've sacked a miracle worker who should have been going on to bigger and better things. I think Aitken has a few friends in the media so no doubt it will be forthcoming over the next few days.

They’ve more or less alluded to that already. ‘Highly rated Aitken’ etc.

1 minute ago, optimistic said:

Also hearing a few are interested in buying our club, and brabco keen to sell. Anyone else heard this. Apparently from a reliable source, not mine

I wasn't going to post this, but I was told yesterday that the club is in talks, or about to start talks, with a potential £3 million investor. Note that I said "investor"not "buyer".

Now I have no way of confirming this (which is why I was keeping it to myself) but my 'source' is not only a respected businessman in these parts but a very brave one: he dragged me away from my pint to tell me this which I will not appreciate if it turns out to be, in the words of a certain radio pundit of yesteryear, "bunkum".

They’ve more or less alluded to that already. ‘Highly rated Aitken’ etc.
Not sure how they reached that conclusion in the current climate.

Anyway, what's the odds on a number of the "injuries" clearing up before the Arbroath game?

6 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The right decision and I do hope it was able to be taken without further debt being incurred. It’s probably going to be someone who’s out of a job at the moment for a replacement. McIntyre (probably unlikely) Duffy or Hartley would be my choice. I’d hope Durrant isn’t on the list.

I’m sure John Steele wouldn’t jeopardise the club and it has been done properly. I suspect the pay-off figure will be far smaller than some speculated anyway.