Sons' sorrow

Utterly bizarre that they gave him the approval to bring in Dom Thomas on loan, only to sack him a week later. Understandable that the decision was taken now. It gives them a chance to look at candidates over the next fortnight, and it still gives 3/4 of a campaign to turn things around. The only worry is that you've been left with a decimated squad which seems really imbalanced with injuries at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Well done the board, very overdue but I am not complaining right now!

You'll get told off by some Aitken apologists for celebrating like that, FYI ;)

As soon as the new manager loses a game, we'll also get the whole 'sacking Aitken hasn't solved the problem' :lol:

I expect a turnaround in fortunes now
I think we need to be realistic about it. The new man has a tough job on his hands.

Not because he has a poor squad of players, more that he has to come in and instil some confidence and belief back into a squad who is at rock bottom.

That being said, I do think it's an attractive job and I'm confident a new manager will be able to get more out of our squad than Aitken has in recent times.

I'm desperately hoping Durrant will be leaving with him and Dowie wont be in consideration for the job. A fresh start is required.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Absolutely the correct decision and massive credit to the board for taking swift action. Nothing personal against Aitken but his position had become untenable in recent weeks. It's actually on Sky Sports News as we speak as breaking news #bigtime.

Who do we turn to now?

Duffy is the obvious one I suppose but maybe we'll spring a surprise like when Ian Murray was appointed. 

Utterly bizarre that they gave him the approval to bring in Dom Thomas on loan, only to sack him a week later. Understandable that the decision was taken now. It gives them a chance to look at candidates over the next fortnight, and it still gives 3/4 of a campaign to turn things around. The only worry is that you've been left with a decimated squad which seems really imbalanced with injuries at the moment.
From what I heard Thomas isn't impacting the playing budget and I'm guessing the board were confident enough that any new manager would happy with an addition of his calibre.

I do agree though, at the time I found it a very odd move considering he already looked like a dead man walking.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think we need to be realistic about it. The new man has a tough job on his hands.

Not because he has a poor squad of players, more that he has to come in and instil some confidence and belief back into a squad who is at rock bottom.

That being said, I do think it's an attractive job and I'm confident a new manager will be able to get more out of our squad than Aitken has in recent times.

I'm desperately hoping Durrant will be leaving with him and Dowie wont be in consideration for the job. A fresh start is required.

Yeah im being realistic, i think this squad has real potential.I do expect JD to be considered and dare i say it, be appointed.Someone like him can turn this around and quickly.SA clearly had lost the respect of the players and the dressingroom.

Im delighted though.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Oh Christ, I'd have rather kept Aitken than get Durrant or Dowie...

I think this season is an absolute free hit for the new guy. The only targets should be to guide us well clear of relegation and play a less eye-bleeding brand of football/get the players actually playing for him and organised. Not even thinking promotion play-offs.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This. Can't help but notice that the worst of Aitken's time coincides with Durrant being there