Sons' sorrow

2/16 Raith (A) 10:00 AM ET Sco 1

2/23 Falkirk (H) 10:00 AM ET Sco 1

3/2 Cowdenbeath(H) 10:00 AM ET Sco 1

I'd bite your hand off for 6 points from those games, or any set of three to be honest. Clearly the bigger games for us will be Cowdenbeath at home. A win there would be massive for our chances of staying up.

Realistically though I'd settle for four as long as it includes beating the Cowden. The next few games will be a struggle if the injuries and suspensions take hold.

Owen Ronald (son of Paul) has signed until the end of the season. Strange that Murray felt the need to sign a striker but obviously feels he will be useful to us. In other, more depressing news, Andy Graham is out for 5 weeks. Not good at all but Murray states he's still looking to add to the squad before Saturday.

bad news about Andy Graham. McNiff is good but if he's out on loan, that action alone might not motivate him to return and do a good shift or two. If he's on loan, he isn't part of the strategic plan then, is he?

bad news about Andy Graham. McNiff is good but if he's out on loan, that action alone might not motivate him to return and do a good shift or two. If he's on loan, he isn't part of the strategic plan then, is he?

None of the players out on loan are available for recall. Think we ll see murray before one of the young boys in the first 11.

None of the players out on loan are available for recall. Think we ll see murray before one of the young boys in the first 11.

How much game time has Murray had? It would be great to have him in, but only when he is fully match fit and hopefully not because our limited squad numbers have forced his hand.

We've signed ex-Dunfermline midfielder Nick Phinn, and it's reported on the official site.

From what little I know of him, he's a decent player, and perhaps in the immediate short-term, it's a good signing in that it's another body added to our largely depleted squad for tomorrow's game.

I don't know where in midfield he plays (left seems to stick in my mind), but he's another option there hopefully, in the absence of McDougall and Turner.

Phinn is a really good signing. Hopefully his injury problems are completely behind him now - if they are and he gets a run of games, you'll see the best of him. He plays CM but loves getting forward. He could easily score half a dozen goals for anyone in the first division, so IMO, he'll just add to your firepower and forward thinking players. I wish Nicky all the best and hope he can help you guys keep this magnificent run going since IM came in.

More forward players though? I'm not saying Phinn won't be useful but we've got a gaping Andy Graham sized hole in our defence for the next 5 weeks that needs addressed.

Seemingly Murray is confident of concluding a loan deal for a defender to plug the Andy Graham sized hole in our defence.

More forward players though? I'm not saying Phinn won't be useful but we've got a gaping Andy Graham sized hole in our defence for the next 5 weeks that needs addressed.

This deal will have been in the offing since before Andy picked up the injury (it was mentioned in the press that Murray had said he was dealing with targets who weren't under contract at other clubs) so we'll still be after defensive signings too.