Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, sons'r'us said:

I just hope there's no undue pressure put on him from Raith after today. I actually didn't realise he'd still be training with them. That is a strange situation.

He is a full time footballer on loan at a part time club. He will still train with them at least two days a week. That was one of the main reasons Celtic wanted to move Joe Thomson to a full time loan so he was with one ckub all the time instead of having to try to work other days with Celtic when their schedule wasnt necessarily ideal for it.

Aye Vaughan looks like he'd be happy to play along with that...

I wouldn't be giving him an option tbh. Dumbarton still have other decent players to play if it was to happen anyway so don't imagine it would make much of a difference! Not that it will as of course it would be a pretty shocking course of action.

However if Raith get increasingly more desperate....

He is a full time footballer on loan at a part time club. He will still train with them at least two days a week. That was one of the main reasons Celtic wanted to move Joe Thomson to a full time loan so he was with one ckub all the time instead of having to try to work other days with Celtic when their schedule wasnt necessarily ideal for it.

I didn't mean anything strange about training with your parent club. I was implying the fact he needs to go train with them after helping us go above them in the league.

It's probably never happened before as no club would be so stupid as to let a good player go out on loan to their rivals. Gary Locke eh.

We should let Vaughan remain on loan. Can't blame the lad at all. It's completely ridiculous that Locke thought it was a good idea, and even worse our board didn't stop it. He's a class wee player, and if we do go down he'll run rings around players.

Utterly ridiculous season we've had.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I wouldn't be giving him an option tbh. Dumbarton still have other decent players to play if it was to happen anyway so don't imagine it would make much of a difference! Not that it will as of course it would be a pretty shocking course of action.

However if Raith get increasingly more desperate....

He's been out injured a long time and wasn't being played at Rovers. Comes to us and scores the winning goal today and an important goal in an away draw at Falkirk. Not sure he wouldn't have "made much difference" come the end of the season, otherwise there'd be no reason for Raith to recall him as you are suggesting.

The Vaughan loan has to be one of the best bits of business the club has done in years.

Think the players deserve a lot of credit for yesterday's result but also think the manager got his tactics spot on and he should get a lot of credit for that. 

With Raith in freefall and Ayr shambolic against anyone other than us I'm confident that we're only one win from safety.

St Mirren next week will be tough, but I'm confident with our remaining fixtures we can do enough. Yesterday's win was massive.

There are actually folk on the facebook page still having a go at Aitken. :lol:

If we can get 7 more points (draw next week, beat Pars and Falkirk at home) I think that will see us right. One game at a time though and next week is massive, we can't turn in another abject away performance, St Mirren will spank us if we do.

There are actually folk on the facebook page still having a go at Aitken. [emoji38]
If we can get 7 more points (draw next week, beat Pars and Falkirk at home) I think that will see us right. One game at a time though and next week is massive, we can't turn in another abject away performance, St Mirren will spank us if we do.

You're right Moonster. I'm actually flabbergasted by some of the Aitken comments on FB. These folk are clearly on a different planet from the rest of us. Aitken has done an excellent job and whether there were some raised expectations with a couple of the season's Murray had, you only have to look at the previous 30 years to know we've got a good manager just now.

I do remember some of this nonsense in the days pre social media where folk vocally defended rogues such as Jim Fallon and Neil Rankine. You obviously see it more now due to social media but the lunatics have always been there.[emoji6]

Sorry SD but it wasn't Celtic that wanted to move the player on it was both the player and his agent. Celtic were keen for Joe to stay at Dumbarton the full season just like Lindsay & Watters the previous season [emoji3]

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There are actually folk on the facebook page still having a go at Aitken. :lol:

I honestly don't think we'd need as many as 7 points. Would be lovely, but not necessary.

Another win would give us a four point lead on Raith and a six point lead on Ayr, arguably 7 given goal difference. With 5 games left I think that's too big a gap for both.

Raiths remaining fixtures are Pars, Morton, Hibs, St Mirren and Ayr. With Raith and Ayr meeting on the last day that's one less game where both can take maximum points. Raith could also be going to easter road on their title day.

Maybe im being over optimistic, but we beat that mob from the wrong side of the Clyde yeasterday and the suns oot. Life's on the up.

Edited by Jordo1872

There are actually folk on the facebook page still having a go at Aitken. [emoji38]

That clown who's constantly on the Facebook page is an absolute minter.

Best ignored IMO, he clearly has zero clue about football and he thinks anyone who defends Aitken is some sort of happy clapper.

3 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

You're right Moonster. I'm actually flabbergasted by some of the Aitken comments on FB. These folk are clearly on a different planet from the rest of us. Aitken has done an excellent job and whether there were some raised expectations with a couple of the season's Murray had, you only have to look at the previous 30 years to know we've got a good manager just now.

I do remember some of this nonsense in the days pre social media where folk vocally defended rogues such as Jim Fallon and Neil Rankine. You obviously see it more now due to social media but the lunatics have always been there.emoji6.png

Should never have binned Bertie Auld imo

3 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

I honestly don't think we'd need as many as 7 points. Would be lovely, but not necessary.

Another win would give us a four point lead on Raith and a six point lead on Ayr, arguably 7 given goal difference. With 5 games left I think that's too big a gap for both.

Raiths remaining fixtures are Pars, Morton, Hibs, St Mirren and Ayr. With Raith and Ayr meeting on the last day that's one less game where both can take maximum points. Raith could also be going to easter road on their title day.

Maybe im being over optimistic, but we beat that mob from the wrong side of the Clyde yeasterday and the suns oot. Life's on the up.

I hope you're right, Jordo, I think 7 points would put it all beyond doubt though.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I hope you're right, Jordo, I think 7 points would put it all beyond doubt though.

I don't think three or four points will be enough. Everyone at our end of the league will be scrapping like mad for every point they can get.

Hopefully by the time we get to play Falkirk and the Arabs, their respective positions in the top four will be decided and they can send out the kids for a run, giving us a chance to capitalise.