Sons' sorrow

I don't think you can receive retrospective yellow cards for timewasting, that may have changed, but I'd be pretty surprised.

That was just an example, I meant anything over the course of the season. The list with the games he's played in doesn't include the games he played for Annan if that's relevant.

40 minutes ago, Casey said:

"In order to receive a suspension for a succession of yellow cards in Scottish football, a player has to record 18 disciplinary points against their name on league business.

In most circumstances, a sixth yellow card of the campaign results in a minimum one match ban, which kicks in 14 days after the points total is breached.

Whilst most bookable offences carry an automatic three penalty points, the Scottish Football Association’s disciplinary rules also determine that certain yellow cards are punishable by a lesser tariff.

Ultimately, this means a player can be booked six times in a campaign but not incur a suspension"

HTH

That info is about 4 years out of date. The SFA moved to a simplified straight 6 bookings = 1 game suspension system after that.

12 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Thomson is our most booked, on 8 league bookings (6/8, 13/8, 20/8, 17/9, 31/12, 4/2, 4/3, 18/3), and Barr is on 6 (15/10, 22/10, 3/12, 10/12, 18/2, 25/2).

Is there a card amnesty in the SPFL? I can't remember. Either way they have both picked up more all season, and Thomson has picked up the same number as Nade since the turn of the year.

There is no card amnesty. If neither of those has been suspended then either the source is wrong about the bookings or they were later sent off in the same game as one or two of the bookings in which case serve an immediate suspension and the bookings dont add to cumulative totals.

PS Sorry for non multi quote. Having some teething troubles with new phone!

There is no card amnesty. If neither of those has been suspended then either the source is wrong about the bookings or they were later sent off in the same game as one or two of the bookings in which case serve an immediate suspension and the bookings dont add to cumulative totals.
PS Sorry for non multi quote. Having some teething troubles with new phone!

Neither have been sent off this season, so it can't be that. I looked up on Soccerbase and crossed it with Transfermarkt. I could find my notes from the game to absolutely confirm but, to be brutally honest, I can't be bothered!

Perhaps the Nadé suspension is a mistake on the SFA list? Wouldn't be the first time.

22 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Neither have been sent off this season, so it can't be that. I looked up on Soccerbase and crossed it with Transfermarkt. I could find my notes from the game to absolutely confirm but, to be brutally honest, I can't be bothered!

Perhaps the Nadé suspension is a mistake on the SFA list? Wouldn't be the first time.

It wont be Nade thats wrong, it will be something with the list of bookings for the others unless they did actually serve a suspension.

Nade was booked once in his three trial games for Annan, I checked. Late on in their 3-1 loss to Stirling in December.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 22 March 2017 at 13:39, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Exactly how I read that.

It's good that the Trust have managed to get Wilson to finally (sort of) engage with the fans. However his statements on the website thus far have left us with even more questions than before - and, certainly on my behalf, even more doubts.

Genuine question here, if you are one of the secret Brabco directors - what would be the harm in saying who you are? Surely, if they are going to be our knights in wonderful stadium and full-time football armor, they would want to lap up all the praise from the fans? What harm could saying "I'm Mark Smith and I'm working with Iain and the rest of Brabco to provide, what I believe, is the best option for us as businessmen and as fans" do?

That makes me convinced that our concerns are well founded.

Just to say that as a trust (that is, an organisation for and of the fans) we've done *much* more than "get Wilson to finally (sort of) engage with the fans". We've got a public promise of ending the offshore relationship; we've held two meetings in public about the issues involved; we've been pushing the voice of fans and the need for verifiable plans and transparency in the local press every week for the past two months (and we've been in the nationals too); we've been liaising with all parties constantly (and behind the scenes for the last three years, not just recently, by the way). And there is more coming...  We are on this. And we are not letting go until we get the right outcome: a verifiably sustainable future for the club and a proper stake for fans in that. 

In particular, on the secrecy of some Brabco directors, the identity and interest of those who own DFC (and every football club) should be publicly known. Without that there can be no 'due diligence' and no 'ft and proper persons' scrutiny. 

Edited by TheFarPost

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We will not finish above 9th.

Discuss.

It depends.

For me we need 8 points from the remaining fixtures. Beat St Mirren and Queen of the South as the games we've got the best chance of winning and get something from the 3 remaining home games - minimum 2 draws. Our record against Dunfermline is garbage this season but they're still not streets ahead of us in points. We need to take something from that match. A draw would be a start, but a win would be massive.

I'm not sure what I want from the Ayr v St Mirren game now. A St Mirren win keeps Ayr pegged with us but also gives St Mirren a better chance of staying up at our expense. An Ayr win keeps St Mirren behind us but possibly makes us even more likely to finish 9th.

A lot of football still to be played but we're really in a tough position right now. 

10 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It depends.

For me we need 8 points from the remaining fixtures. Beat St Mirren and Queen of the South as the games we've got the best chance of winning and get something from the 3 remaining home games - minimum 2 draws. Our record against Dunfermline is garbage this season but they're still not streets ahead of us in points. We need to take something from that match. A draw would be a start, but a win would be massive.

I'm not sure what I want from the Ayr v St Mirren game now. A St Mirren win keeps Ayr pegged with us but also gives St Mirren a better chance of staying up at our expense. An Ayr win keeps St Mirren behind us but possibly makes us even more likely to finish 9th.

A lot of football still to be played but we're really in a tough position right now. 

I don't think any Sons fan in attendance today will view things in any sort of positive light, especially with the squad depletions.

We will not finish above 9th.

Discuss.

Got to agree here. We've dropped too many points from good positions and not beaten the teams around us enough. Wins against Dundee Utd and Falkirk etc are great but the 2-2's against St Mirren and Ayr hurt a lot. Really nervy end to the season. Got to win next week