Sons' sorrow

Paul McGinn is a great signing and IMO is better than Nicky Devlin (and he is decent). I know the boy well from when I took the senior school team at St Columba's Clydebank. Confident he will do well for the sons - Ian Murray just keeps impressing at the moment.

A little surpised we haven't signed a few more players given how many have been released/sent on loan. The squads lacking a bit of depth and while I dont disagree with the players we've let go, few injuries could really see us strectched to the limit.

I'd imagine that given most players we'll be signing are either free agents or loans the transfwer window isn't that important for us, but hopefully there's a few more signings to be made shortly.

Evening times says Murray is looking at bringing in another couple of loan players from SPL clubs. Murray said:

"There are certainly a couple we are interested in. They will be loan deals and hopefully from SPL clubs. I reckon a few teams will be after one of them. We've made contact with the clubs so we'll just need to see what happens. We are a bit thin on numbers at the moment"

Murray also said of Ross Forsyth. "Ross was a tricky one because we liked him and wanted to keep him in the squad. However he wanted to go and play football which is fair enough and we weren't going to stop him from doing that"

Owen Ronald (son of Paul) has signed until the end of the season. Strange that Murray felt the need to sign a striker but obviously feels he will be useful to us. In other, more depressing news, Andy Graham is out for 5 weeks. Not good at all but Murray states he's still looking to add to the squad before Saturday.

Reading some of the stuff about him on twitter and a queens park chat site it would seem he is a decent player with plenty potential. He asked to be released from his contract with queens park mid december as was unhappy there. Since then he's trialled for airdrie, stenny and albion rovers. He was part of queens park youth structure and is only 19.