Sons' sorrow

Aye, he's only been a manager for a handful of games and I would hope we gave him at least a 2 year deal so I'd like to think we can hold onto him for a while yet.

It was an 18 month deal we gave him. I'd imagine he wouldn't be courted for a while yet until he's had a bit of time to prove that it's not a temporary upturn in fortunes.

No-one any rumours of any signings? With 1 day to go until transfer window closes i thought they'd be plenty of rumours. Particularly as we have let so many players out on loan and im sure there must be a couple of imminent signings.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Just hasn't broken through for us like his brothers have.

He was a cracking player at Queens Park, Fulham and Crystal Palace were in for him during the summer.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Just hasn't broken through for us like his brothers have.

He was a cracking player at Queens Park, Fulham and Crystal Palace were in for him during the summer.

Have you seen him for Saints reserves or youths? Any idea what we can expect? We don't have anyone else in the squad to play right back really (unless Jack Ross can dust off his boots in an emergency) so he'll be starting every game.

Have you seen him for Saints reserves or youths? Any idea what we can expect? We don't have anyone else in the squad to play right back really (unless Jack Ross can dust off his boots in an emergency) so he'll be starting every game.

I've only watched him twice for our U20s, he was rarely tested defensively but handled it well when he was. He certainly likes a mazy run forward!

If he starts as well as Smith has then he'll do just fine.

It's good to see that Murray has not only identified thse players who are maybe not quite good enough for this level, but also identified replacement(s). Our full-back positins have been a problem for us since the day Craigy Brittain left. Murray has came in and his first two players are one left and one right-back.

In Murray we trust.

This could be a great signing for both player and club(s). If he hits the ground running for an in form Dumbarton side it's a win win situation for all including St. Mirren. When i say all i don't mean the other teams fighting relegation of course whch a Cowden fan already pointed out. Bring on Saturday hopefully tomorrow's dry weather gives the pitch plenty of time to dry out. It's been pissing down today again and has been all week.

This could be a great signing for both player and club(s). If he hits the ground running for an in form Dumbarton side it's a win win situation for all including St. Mirren. When i say all i don't mean the other teams fighting relegation of course whch a Cowden fan already pointed out. Bring on Saturday hopefully tomorrow's dry weather gives the pitch plenty of time to dry out. It's been pissing down today again and has been all week.

Agreed, and I like the fact that Murray is trading upwards in an effort to build on what he has - this boy could be the next Ian Chisholm.

I would though like to also see a Neil Scally, Bobby McConville type ballwinner in midfield; Chris Turner has been a wee bit too anonymous for my liking in recent games. Still, it's all moving in the right direction.