Sons' sorrow

I would hope we've not seen the last of Nicoll. He's been solid for us and should we be relegated he'd be good to have in the 2nd Division. Lyden is still young as well, would hope he's given another chance as I think there's a good player in there with the right coaching.

I'd like us to get right back sorted before January ends though. Yes, we can get Devlin back for 2 months but going to into the business end of the year I'd hate to see us having to juggle the rest of the defence around to cover that. I don't think there will be much (if anyone) available after January and will it not only be emergency loans of 35 days or something we can get in after that?

If we're going to stay up (huge "if" obviously) then I'd let Lyden run down his contract at Clyde and move on. No point giving players contracts when they're not going to play and aren't ready for football at this level yet. If we go down then I'd want Nicoll back, of course.

I'm sure Murray and co will be working on a longer term right back scenario to at least cover us until the end of this season, but the arrangement with Devlin gives us time to do so and cover until they get it sorted.

Reserve team v Livi - Lumsden, Ross, Thomson, Murray, McNiff, Holt, Ebolgbe, Buchanan, Matcalfe, McCusker, Lamont.

3 Trialists: Liam Buchanan, Macky Ebolgbe, and Mark Lamont.

Ian Murray & Jack Ross playing.

Out of intrest,how did Macky Ebolgbe play last night.

I see Chapman is keen to keep on his role with us despite taking over at Annan (Lennox Herald).

He seems to have done a good job with the youth set up but do we really need a full time head of youth development? Our players are part time so what does he actually do most of the time?

I'd imagine he's on a very healthy wage considering he gave up a good job to take on our full time offer. I could completely understand having a full time member of staff if we had some full time players/youth players similar to Cowden but..... we dont :huh:

Just got a letter from the club saying that te platinum club has been cancelled as of January. Shame I thought it was a good idea. Considering there probs wasn't much involved to make it work would have thought any money in would be better than non.

We're a completely different animal now, an animal who's organised, well-drilled and plays good, fast attacking football.

Some of our players look transformed over the last month, and massively, they all look to be pulling in the same direction and giving their absolute everything for Ian Murray, which is very pleasing to see.

As I said the other week, Mark's got ability, but is still somewhat raw. For all we are likely to be paying him I don't have a problem with giving him a 6 month deal to see how he develops. In all likelihood we will get a (more or less) completely new squad next summer anyway due to the new manager factor and the nature of short term part-time contracts.

I think he could be handy. Bring him off the bench with 20 minutes left and get him pinging those glorious crosses onto the miraculous heid of Jim Blister.

If his strip isn't muddy by full-time tell him he's only getting 10 minutes next time. And so on.

If he can vastly improve his defensive work rate in the same way Gilhaney and McDougall have then this should be a handy signing. He can put a decent cross in with both feet which is a massive plus point and has pace when he gets going.

He's just not impressed me at all this season and leaves the full back horribly exposed at times. Even going forward he's been pretty rubbish and seems to be really struggling with the first division.

I imagine he has been signed as backup so would expect him to be on a relatively low wage.