Sons' sorrow

I'd like to think the board will know by now whether Duffy is wanting to hang around for next season. If he's dragging his heels/hanging around for something better then I sincerely hope both parties shake hands and decide to call it a day. We can ill afford any delays in getting sorted for next season, especially when there could be 3 full-time clubs in the league.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd like to think the board will know by now whether Duffy is wanting to hang around for next season. If he's dragging his heels/hanging around for something better then I sincerely hope both parties shake hands and decide to call it a day. We can ill afford any delays in getting sorted for next season, especially when there could be 3 full-time clubs in the league.

100  percent with you there.We need a structure in place to sign up players as quick as we can while looking at bringing others in.I suppose off the field activities re brabco may also have an impact.OS did come up with a story about potential buyers.Behind the scenes goingons could be influential but we cant put our hope in potential new owners.We ought to  stick with reality  and have a management team in place ready to work with the budget we have..

I think this should all add up...

Willie Dyer

Started: 14
Won: 3
Drew: 4
Lost: 7

Win: 21.43%

Games he missed:

P: 22
Won: 9
Drew: 6

Win: 40%

Michael Paton

Started: 15
Drew: 3
Lost: 9

Win: 20%

Games he didn't start

P: 21
W: 9
Drew: 7
Lost: 5

Win: 42.86% 

On the opposite side, we didn't lose a game that Brian McLean or Henk van Schaik played in, and only lost in two of David Ferguson's 15 starts. 

Willie Dyer
Games he missed:
Michael Paton
Games he didn't start
On the opposite side, we didn't lose a game that Brian McLean or Henk van Schaik played in, and only lost in two of David Ferguson's 15 starts. 
Great stuff! My gut feeling all season was that we were a man down in any game that Paton started.

You'll be gutted that Andy Morrison and The Nomads are already 2 down to TNS in the Welsh Cup Final after about half an hour. [emoji23]

Willie Dyer
Games he missed:
Michael Paton
Games he didn't start
Good stuff....I reckon that as a percentage of time on the pitch Dom Thomas had more shots at the opposition goal than any Sons player since the days of Hughie Gallagher; I'm struggling to recall anyone with more efforts from every range and angle.

9 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Great stuff! My gut feeling all season was that we were a man down in any game that Paton started.

You'll be gutted that Andy Morrison and The Nomads are already 2 down to TNS in the Welsh Cup Final after about half an hour. emoji23.png

Delightful news.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Good stuff....I reckon that as a percentage of time on the pitch Dom Thomas had more shots at the opposition goal than any Sons player since the days of Hughie Gallagher; I'm struggling to recall anyone with more efforts from every range and angle.

Dom had 17 more shots this season (94) than any other player in the league :lol:

39 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

He missed the first month and then pretty much the whole of January as well...

First two months actually - his first game was in October* :lol:

*God knows why I put January. Can't laugh at CQN and post...

Edited by Ross Forbes

Brennan certainly did his chances no harm at all yesterday - albeit he'll maybe be a bit disappointed about his role in the penalty concession.
As well as a few fantastic saves, he managed to hold almost everything that came his way. That makes a huge difference when you consider how little Adam manages to catch first time. Tecnique wise there's no question who the better 'keeper is - but if someone like Derek Gaston or David Mitchell became available I'd be very keen for them to be our #1 next season, with Brennan pushing as #2.
Is Alan Martin not free.......

15 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
9 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
Brennan certainly did his chances no harm at all yesterday - albeit he'll maybe be a bit disappointed about his role in the penalty concession.
As well as a few fantastic saves, he managed to hold almost everything that came his way. That makes a huge difference when you consider how little Adam manages to catch first time. Tecnique wise there's no question who the better 'keeper is - but if someone like Derek Gaston or David Mitchell became available I'd be very keen for them to be our #1 next season, with Brennan pushing as #2.

Is Alan Martin not free.......

He is...

I'm not sure if he's fit or not mind you, but having Aldo back would make my life :wub:

We're scrapping reserve football and sending all our talented youngsters out on loan instead, so please fill your boots, they inevitably return far better players after a loan spell with you guys ^_^

I take it it's tomorrow night that the players will find out about their futures? Iirc it's normally the first Tuesday after the end of the season.

Although I guess that we can already confirm that a few guys (Thomson, Dyer, Paton and Melingui) will be away.

We're scrapping reserve football and sending all our talented youngsters out on loan instead, so please fill your boots, they inevitably return far better players after a loan spell with you guys [emoji5]

First choice pick from all your young players, cheers. We’ll start off with Jason Kerr and Callum Hendry.

I take it it's tomorrow night that the players will find out about their futures? Iirc it's normally the first Tuesday after the end of the season.
Although I guess that we can already confirm that a few guys (Thomson, Dyer, Paton and Melingui) will be away.

It was on the Wednesday after our final game last year(yes, I looked it up) but that may have been due to our last game being on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

It was on the Wednesday after our final game last year(yes, I looked it up) but that may have been due to our last game being on a Sunday.

I put it down to them speaking to players on the Tuesday and not updating things until the Wednesday but either way we should have an idea in the next 48 hours or so.