Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Cammy returns home to the Mo on a two year deal!!!!!

That's an astoundingly good bit of business.

But you already know that. 

Smashing player and a model pro. Let's just hope we have you guys in the first week of the season now he's suspended ;)

He was decent enough but not irreplaceable. Albeit he was playing at LB for much of the season I don't think he was as good as a few of our fans thought he was. Seemed to get caught out quite a lot by crosses too.

You clearly have no idea .. Cammy is the best right back in league 1. Maybe the fact your manager chose to play him at left back had something to do with him deciding to come home.

13 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

You clearly have no idea .. Cammy is the best right back in league 1. Maybe the fact your manager chose to play him at left back had something to do with him deciding to come home.

We didn't have a left back in the squad so he didn't have much of a choice. I don't think he will be as much of a stand out for you as he was in the league below.

As I said, good player but in my opinion this is his level at the moment. But maybe he just didn't settle in and things. All the best to him.

We didn't have a left back in the squad so he didn't have much of a choice. I don't think he will be as much of a stand out for you as he was in the league below.
As I said, good player but in my opinion this is his level at the moment. But maybe he just didn't settle in and things. All the best to him.

I guess time will tell .. but I’m delighted to have him back. Whatever happens I hope he moves on and up.

I think we all expected Cammy to leave. What disappoints me more is that it's to one of our rivals next season and not to a championship club where he could easily play. A 2 year deal too? Pretty rare at this level no?

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I think we all expected Cammy to leave. What disappoints me more is that it's to one of our rivals next season and not to a championship club where he could easily play. A 2 year deal too? Pretty rare at this level no?

To be fair, he could still play in the Championship next season. 

I think we could do alot worse than signing up Brennan as our first choice GK for next season. I've only seen him playing two or three times for us but in those games he has pulled off a good few fantastic saves. Thought he was outstanding yesterday and even got a hand on the penalty. Can't be any worse than the other keepers we have seen this season.

41 minutes ago, super-son said:

I think we could do alot worse than signing up Brennan as our first choice GK for next season. I've only seen him playing two or three times for us but in those games he has pulled off a good few fantastic saves. Thought he was outstanding yesterday and even got a hand on the penalty. Can't be any worse than the other keepers we have seen this season.

Brennan certainly did his chances no harm at all yesterday - albeit he'll maybe be a bit disappointed about his role in the penalty concession.

As well as a few fantastic saves, he managed to hold almost everything that came his way. That makes a huge difference when you consider how little Adam manages to catch first time. Tecnique wise there's no question who the better 'keeper is - but if someone like Derek Gaston or David Mitchell became available I'd be very keen for them to be our #1 next season, with Brennan pushing as #2.

Really strong end to a difficult season.I was always sure we would be fine with JD and you can see how we improved since he came in.I really hope we can keep him but with vacancies appearing in the Championship  i think we may  have  a job on our  hands.My main fear now is what budget we will have.I think we are 100 grand down from last year in terms of SPFL revenue.

Whatever it will be its up to all fans to rally round as much as we can be it buying bricks , retro kits, buying ST's or sponsoring.I still feel optimistic for the future and PT football with Lichties and Wasps up there next year.And good on them.Really hope we can join them next season.

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

@Ross Forbes Do you by any chance have our win % for games where Michael Paton started, against those he didn't?

Give me a bit and I'll work it out. I was going to do this for Willie Dyer too :lol: