• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Anyway, now that the threat of relegation has wafted into the distance, just what is the scoop on Ross Perry - is he really Nicky Phinn's stepbrother ?
Not only that, but Michael Paton seems to have provided concrete evidence that the Bermuda Triangle extends to G82.

Anyway, now that the threat of relegation has wafted into the distance, just what is the scoop on Ross Perry - is he really Nicky Phinn's stepbrother ?
Not only that, but Michael Paton seems to have provided concrete evidence that the Bermuda Triangle extends to G82.
Willie Dyer has been suffering from a 6 month cold.

24 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Hit me today that Ross Perry has played fewer games for us this season than Craig Barr.

I can only assume that we're using the space from getting rid of the old kit to store him, Michael Paton and Willie Dyer until their contracts run out.

Dyer went missing after turning his back on a shot that ended up going in. Paton went missing after dangling a leg in a 50/50 in a vital game...Maybe Jim is just totally ruthless.

To be fair to Perry, he didn't ever let us down. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for the big guy.

34 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Willie Dyer has been suffering from a 6 month cold.

Here's Willie in happier times wearing our stonewashed denim away shorts

imgID160189406.jpg.gallery.jpg

Edited by Silverton End

News for book fans. On Friday a great new book comes out. It’s called Where’s Rory. There will be a hundred pictures from Dumbarton games this season and you can have hours of fun looking for Rory. Future books planned are Where’s Willie and Where’s Ross. There is a foreword from Nicky Phinn. Order your copy now.

Did he just use his 60th as a means to give the board (and the fans) a prod re next season? :lol:

That’s a classy article from Jim, and nice to see him paying tribute to both the directors and the fans. It’s true that he’s not had any doubters screaming at him at games, the fans and players really trust him and bought into his ideas, and nobody can question the job he’s done since the turn of the year.

I’d still not be surprised to see him moving on at the end of the season, but he certainly seems to have enjoyed his time with us - and that’s nice to read.

Hopefully he celebrates his 60th by dressing up in his first touchline attire...

That reads to me like it's no certainty he'll be our gaffer next season. Sounds like he wants to know if we want to go up or if finishing mid-table is fine again. I suspect he's looking at potentially 3 or 4 full-time/hybrid squads in this league if Alloa and Montrose or Forfar make themselves Championship sides.

I notice that Brabco have rejected the council's prosposals to light up the castle because the stadium move was blocked. As expected the locals aren't best pleased about it.

Some of the comments regarding the club in general are absolutely depressing.

I notice that Brabco have rejected the council's prosposals to light up the castle because the stadium move was blocked. As expected the locals aren't best pleased about it.

Some of the comments regarding the club in general are absolutely depressing.
I haven't seen these comments but whether we like it or not a very bad impression has formed in sections of the local community. What makes it doubly annoying is that none of it is football-related and it has it's origins in the days when the club's high-handed PR was utterly abysmal. It could help if this message found its way onto Facebook and elsewhere, and to make it explicitly clear that Brabco do not have the interests of either the club or its supporters at heart.
And by the way, everyone should understand that most of the shit-stirrers would not piss on DFC if it was on fire, especially one former colleague of mine who went way OTT in the wake of an incident involving a charity function, albeit gloriously mishandled by the then officials.

31 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I haven't seen these comments but whether we like it or not a very bad impression has formed in sections of the local community. What makes it doubly annoying is that none of it is football-related and it has it's origins in the days when the club's high-handed PR was utterly abysmal. It could help if this message found its way onto Facebook and elsewhere, and to make it explicitly clear that Brabco do not have the interests of either the club or its supporters at heart.
And by the way, everyone should understand that most of the shit-stirrers would not piss on DFC if it was on fire, especially one former colleague of mine who went way OTT in the wake of an incident involving a charity function, albeit gloriously mishandled by the then officials.

Hi, I've probably not been eloquent enough, but I've added this. There is a long list of people reacting exactly the way you'd expect to, though, so I'm probably pissing into a wind worse than what wheechs up the Clyde on  game day in January, though.

Screenshot_20190422-162940_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi, I've probably not been eloquent enough, but I've added this. There is a long list of people reacting exactly the way you'd expect to, though, so I'm probably pissing into a wind worse than what wheechs up the Clyde on  game day in January, though.
5cbddeb9d63da_Screenshot_20190422-162940_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.79b16063336bc83026113e3180068731.jpg
Well done Sir !

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Those that run the operations at the castle prevented us from really cashing in on hearts, hibs and rangers being in the league by opposing temporary stands. This is clearly tit for tat.

Tough one to call. They shafted us so it's only fair but on the other hand locals who don't know any better will, and are, turning on the club.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

especially one former colleague of mine who went way OTT in the wake of an incident involving a charity function, albeit gloriously mishandled by the then officials.

Aldo is a daft wee lassie.

I don't think the new stadium is purely the reason for the club's objection. I'm pretty sure the council are expecting quite a big contribution from dfc to the new footpath linking to the town centre.

I'm all for the club board and brabco making these decisions to protect their assets.

Talking of the stadium, I took a walk past (what I think was) the location today and couldn't help take a picture of flooding. I could easily have been in the wrong area though.20190422_152818.jpg

Talking of the stadium, I took a walk past (what I think was) the location today and couldn't help take a picture of flooding. I could easily have been in the wrong area though.20190422_152818.thumb.jpg.87e85a11787f03f63060dffd4f3e3534.jpg

Ah memories ......... Silverton end in February.