• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Ferguson got off to a bit of a shaky start with us but over the past 6 games or so he has really come on to a game and has dealt with everything thrown at him pretty well and comfortably. He is one of the players I would like to see us keep for next season but I don't think we will get the opportunity to do so.
I think he could be a decent championship right back.
To be fair to him he was being used as a centre back to begin with and it was fairly obvious he wasn't completely comfortable there.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
5 minutes ago, super-son said:
Ferguson got off to a bit of a shaky start with us but over the past 6 games or so he has really come on to a game and has dealt with everything thrown at him pretty well and comfortably. He is one of the players I would like to see us keep for next season but I don't think we will get the opportunity to do so.
I think he could be a decent championship right back.

To be fair to him he was being used as a centre back to begin with and it was fairly obvious he wasn't completely comfortable there.

I completely agree. Sorry I meant to mention that.

6 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

Man or woman?
Local businessperson (current)?
Local businessperson (retired)?
Local railway person?
Local whisky person?
Or a Fifer?

Male (or he  was I'm sure the last time he looked).

Local person if you term his  Drymen upbringing as "local".  (Hence why I know him.)

Current self-employed person  although based in mid-France. Regularly returns to visit family hence the reason for an Easter meeting - the next time he can make it home.

Nothing to do with railways but give him a bottle of malt and a straw and I'm sure he'll be happy.

Fifer?  Eh, no.

If anyone wants look back through my previous nonsensical postings you will see I've mentioned his interest before. And as I have had to confirm to "certain persons" yes, he does have the money.  He wants to see DFC continue - not as something that will make him rich(er).

Sorry that I can't be more specific but you will understand that the process of due diligence is ongoing at both ends.

Remember the Salmon Leap Inn? Now you have a pretty good idea.

4 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

Local person if you term his  Drymen upbringing as "local".  (Hence why I know him.)

Current self-employed person  although based in mid-France. Regularly returns to visit family hence the reason for an Easter meeting - the next time he can make it home.

Nothing to do with railways but give him a bottle of malt and a straw and I'm sure he'll be happy.

Fifer?  Eh, no.

If anyone wants look back through my previous nonsensical postings you will see I've mentioned his interest before. And as I have had to confirm to "certain persons" yes, he does have the money.  He wants to see DFC continue - not as something that will make him rich(er).

Sorry that I can't be more specific but you will understand that the process of due diligence is ongoing at both ends.

Great stuff OS...lets just hope it all works out favourably in the end.Could be a major turning point  for the club interms of stability.

Fifer?  Eh, no.
Ol Scrote

In fairness the ref did consult var before confirming that moonster was clearly impeded. Yet again on this thread the officials are questioned . Why no card for jordo. 

Edited by cedrick1

9 hours ago, Always the Sons said:

The question is did Moonster dive or did Jordo pole axe him ?

49 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

In fairness the ref did consult var before confirming that moonster was clearly impeded. Yet again on this thread the officials are questioned . Why no card for jordo. 

Obvious contact, clear goal scoring opportunity, had to be a straight red for the big man.

Really frustrating that yesterday’s game was off. With a very tough game next week, I hope it doesn’t stop our momentum.

Further evidence that despite the assistance of technology, officials still get the big decisions wrong.

Robbed. It’s the punters you feel for though.

Great to see Stuart Findlay added to the Scotland squad.
Another Stevie Aitken success story. Not that Findlay played under him but I doubt that'll matter!

14 hours ago, microdave said:
15 hours ago, FifeSons said:
Great to see Stuart Findlay added to the Scotland squad.

Another Stevie Aitken success story. Not that Findlay played under him but I doubt that'll matter!

Jack Ross's Sunderland on  a superb run as well. 

Another Stevie Aitken success story.

39 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Jack Ross's Sunderland on  a superb run as well. 

Another Stevie Aitken success story.

Noticed they beat Nicky Devlin's Walsall on Saturday.

Must've lead to some mixed emotions for Stevie.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:02, TheChase said:

Ol Scrote emoji122.png

So, what's latest on The Laird of Croftamie's bid to purchase Scotland's fourth-oldest senior club ??

Is this the real life ? Is this just fantasy ?

36 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So, what's latest on The Laird of Croftamie's bid to purchase Scotland's fourth-oldest senior club ??

Is this the real life ? Is this just fantasy ?

Caught in a landslide...no escape from reality...

Airdrieonians game rearranged for April 2. Giving us home matches against Stenhousemuir, the Diamonds and Brechin City in the space of seven days.

Going to be massive that.

Airdrieonians game rearranged for April 2. Giving us home matches against Stenhousemuir, the Diamonds and Brechin City in the space of seven days.
Going to be massive that.

Think I’m going to cry.

I go away for 7 days and miss 3 crucial home games.

ffs DFC

43 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Think I’m going to cry.

I go away for 7 days and miss 3 crucial home games.

ffs DFC

Nothing to do with DFC m8. SPFL tell us when it's going ahead. 3 games in 7 days at this time of year is horrific for me.