Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If we'd won last night I could forgive some fans for starting to think we could do it, but there's no way we're making up the probable 10+ points on East Fife now IMO. I'd bite your banger for 8th.

At half-time last night, I did half-jokingly wonder whether winning every game left could even get us 4th... I don't think it would.

Completely agree about taking 8th. I think there's a lot of work left to do to get it, the teams below us have shown they can pick up points. I do think we'll manage it though. Which before DT re-signed, I would've said was very unlikely.

Edited by FifeSons

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

You can still register free agents after today, can't you? 

Just thinking about whether or not the Mclean deal is still on.

I'm sure they can be registered at any time, as long as they haven't only just been released by another club outside of the window.

Completely unrelated, but on my most recent Football Manager save, we won L1 this season. We have Duffy from the start of the season in the game...

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

On mine we are 2nd bottom of League 2 in season 21/22 with Duffy being emptied after a 2nd season relegation...

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

We're in mid-table obscurity in mine with John Baird as our manager. Which is a great way to stop him scoring against us tbf.

By 21/22 on mine we were immediately relegated from the Championship after first season promotion and have been mid-table L1 since. Our manager is Paul Sheerin.

I actually never play as us on the game, oddly. I don't like it for some reason.

5 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Not sure if its already been mentioned, but we now can't win the league after failing to beat Raith:bairn

There was no need to quote that. 

I was hanging on to my bookies slip double with Dunfermline and you’ve broke my spirit.

oh well 6/4 always looked a bit skinny 

I have a couple of Sons-related questions. Listened to Bobby Barr on the Lower League Ramblings podcast the other day, and he mentioned that Stevie Aitken sorted jobs for any of the full time boys going part time. 

What exactly is it Aitken does? How is he able to magically conjure jobs for boys in this day and age? And does sacking him seem a bit counterintuitive given that his ability to sort these laddies jobs meant that the Sons were maybe more of a draw than other part time clubs?

Just a few wee points I had, cheers guys.

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

I have a couple of Sons-related questions. Listened to Bobby Barr on the Lower League Ramblings podcast the other day, and he mentioned that Stevie Aitken sorted jobs for any of the full time boys going part time. 

What exactly is it Aitken does? How is he able to magically conjure jobs for boys in this day and age? And does sacking him seem a bit counterintuitive given that his ability to sort these laddies jobs meant that the Sons were maybe more of a draw than other part time clubs?

It wasn't actually Aitken who sorted them jobs, it was our sponsors C&G Systems. It was obviously something Aitken could use to attract players, but the jobs are completely independent of him.

He works for Rolls Royce, who have nothing to do with the club.

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It is our main sponsors C&G Systems who have given the guys jobs not Stevie Aitken.

In fact I'd heard that Aitken didn't really appreciate what they were doing to support the club and was often saying things like, "There's those guys who are knackering all of my players". Despite Bobby Barr stating that the job he is doing isn't overly demanding in the aforementioned interview.

Without C&G we would already be relegated.

And does sacking him seem a bit counterintuitive given that his ability to sort these laddies jobs meant that the Sons were maybe more of a draw than other part time clubs?

Even if Aitken was farting golden nuggets out his arse we're better off rid.

We also have to remember a lot of the guys he managed to attract to the club in the summer have led to us battling for survival, so it's hardly a glowing endorsement even if it was him getting folk jobs.

On 27/02/2019 at 22:27, cameron2000 said:

I reckon if we go 9-1-1 between now and then end of the season we’d be 50/50 for 4th. Extremely unlikely and improbable of course.

That's a Stevie Aitken formation, isn't it?