Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A quick observation... Aitken's Army were nowhere to be seen yesterday. Were they in hospitality or have actually fully comitted to Stevie Aitken now?

Weren't they the  ones in the Santa Adam outfits?

Aitken trying to take credit for the fact his former assistant has beaten a team he assembled, just over two months after beating a team he assembled that was managed by him.

The guy could've left with dignity, and most of our fans would've (over time especially) looked back fondly on the wins against Hibernian, Dundee United and St Mirren. Instead he's chosen to go kicking and screaming after winning five league games from 28 across ten months. 

I fully understand if he's upset about being let go, but he's been involved in football for a long time.

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A quick observation... Aitken's Army were nowhere to be seen yesterday. Were they in hospitality or have actually fully comitted to Stevie Aitken now?

I saw a couple of them on the way out, but they weren’t sitting in their usual seats.

38 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Hope to see these tweets deleted this morning and an apology sent out.

Looks like he’s deleted two of them (including the initial one congratulating Farrell, which sparked any backlash) and kept one of them to make him look like the victim. Pathetic.

Screenshot_2018-12-23-10-21-53.thumb.png.80e5a18f03524f4898e9469eb57ec95e.pngScreenshot_2018-12-23-10-22-00.thumb.png.94ca88023cdf5e0448892310d0ccd23c.png

Posting it is one thing. Deleting it is quite another.

If that's his view then fine, stand by it. The fact he's deleted it proves it was an attention seeking excercise.

If you're prepared to make comments like that, knowing full well the response you'll get, then you should have the courage to keep it public.

He's had a bit of a nightmare since being dismissed. His comments regarding the influence of supporters were unfair and he's since made some more questionable comments regarding his sacking. It's still pretty close to his sacking and he'll obviously still harbour resentment. He can rightly complain about the number of injuries that his squad had. Unfortunately the guys who are fit were signed by Aitken and don't look to be gelled as a team or capable of delivering in this league. The guys he signed weren't doing it for him and aren't doing it for Duffy on anything like a regular enough basis.

Best thing that fans can do now is ignore him. Don't engage. Don't bite. Leave him to get on with things and don't give him any encouragement to get into unhelpful exchanges on social media. He gave us some good days as manager. He gave us some shockers. He's yesterday's news - today's chip paper - and should be left to get on with things as we try to move on ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Screenshot_2018-12-23-10-21-53.thumb.png.80e5a18f03524f4898e9469eb57ec95e.pngScreenshot_2018-12-23-10-22-00.thumb.png.94ca88023cdf5e0448892310d0ccd23c.png

Posting it is one thing. Deleting it is quite another.

If that's his view then fine, stand by it. The fact he's deleted it proves it was an attention seeking excercise.

If you're prepared to make comments like that, knowing full well the response you'll get, then you should have the courage to keep it public.

Absolutely. I’m more annoyed about him deleting the posts, than posting them in the first place. It’s like that lunatic from the Facebook group, who hoped Airdrie would thrash us. Saying something inflammatory, completely unprovoked, and then playing the victim when you get a bit back. Madness.

What did he expect really? Posting shite like that on social media for a reaction and he got the reaction it deserved. Obviously some were gonna screenshot it so deleting it defeats the purpose.
I thought Stevie was a decent guy but he's dramatically dropping in that regard. Acting like a bullied little child is a bit pathetic from a guy who's job is football management.

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd love to know who he gets "constant abuse" off of. Unless of course he's referring to supporters discussing his shite tactics etc on fans forums?

Someone posted on the Facebook group with a slight dig at Aitken about half an hour before he tweeted. It would be hilarious if that had provoked the meltdown.

Totally changing the subject for a minute, but I spent last night watching a couple of Ross Forbes corners curl agonisingly wide, with nobody in a Sons top attacking the ball to force it home over and over again in my head. 

That's been a recurring theme this season. Forbes has delivered some quality balls into a great area, but we don't have a single player in the current team who I'd describe as dangerous in the air. Nobody goes and attacks the ball, smashing everything and everyone in front of them to get it into the net. Then something positive hit me.

Craig Barr.

We all know how much we've missed Mango defensively this season, especially with Dowie being all over the shop, but I don't think I thought about how much we missed him offensively. Naturally we need other players who can attack a set-piece, but just look at the way he throws himself at the ball. For the goal up at Arbroath especially, he just wants it much, much more than the defender - and is prepared to smash everyone in his way to force that ball over the line. He set up Gallagher's winner against Queen's Park too, purely by attacking a good corner and sending it goalwards.

I absolutely cannot wait to see him back out on the pitch. Given how vital the Forbes/O'Ware partnership was for Duffy's Morton, recreating something similar with Forbes and Mango could be huge for us.

Will he solve our problems? Not individually, of course not. But having him back fit will be a massive boost.

Edited by Ross Forbes