Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Sons FC said:

This is an outstanding point Cameron. I am a great believer in this. It is very common in football and players are unfairly criticised when team mates let them down.

I don't think Hutton can be highlighted as the worst for this actually. There was no less than 3 times on Saturday where Ballantyne went up the park and we lost possession - Hutton was the one who covered him each time. I also don't specifically think Hutton could be responsible for this as Spencer and Carswell aren't particularly great at tracking back either.

If it was upto me I'd start Hutton and Carswell over Hutton and Spencer as I've not been that impressed with BS.

21 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

Pub argument between two fogeys with dimming memories: in early to mid 70s, did Sons lose 0-3 at Broomfield, all three goals being penalties, each scored by a different player?

(Something also tells me they were all in the first half too.)

We lost 3-0 at Broomfield on 4th October 1975. Don't have scorers or times of goals.

1 hour ago, Old Scrotum said:

Pub argument between two fogeys with dimming memories: in early to mid 70s, did Sons lose 0-3 at Broomfield, all three goals being penalties, each scored by a different player?

(Something also tells me they were all in the first half too.)

We lost three nil to Airdrie and there were three penalties. Technically only two were scored though as the third was saved and the rebound was knocked in. All three goals scored by Paul Jonquin

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

We lost three nil to Airdrie and there were three penalties. Technically only two were scored though as the third was saved and the rebound was knocked in. All three goals scored by Paul Jonquin

Thank-you (even if you did cost me a pint). Was tempted to red-dot you for that.

Stuart and Tam on OTB just referenced some of the emails they received saying that they were 'blowing smoke up Stevie's backside' and Stephen Watt did an absolutely superb job of responding diplomatically and fairly. 

It was about five minutes ago, and is worth catching up on. Mentions it not being a blip, and the three month run without a league goal - whilst paying tribute to him for the cup run. Very classy.

56 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Stuart and Tam on OTB just referenced some of the emails they received saying that they were 'blowing smoke up Stevie's backside' and Stephen Watt did an absolutely superb job of responding diplomatically and fairly. 

It was about five minutes ago, and is worth catching up on. Mentions it not being a blip, and the three month run without a league goal - whilst paying tribute to him for the cup run. Very classy.

Get it round you, Stevie,  you responsibility-shirking,  excuse-factory.