Sons' sorrow

53 minutes ago, albundy said:
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:
I take it we can assume from today that Aitchison is indeed away?

Or Durrant is the reason he wanted away?

Why would Ian Durrant be the reason for his loan being cancelled??

Lad probably listened to Stevie Wonder's pish/tactics/bluster, looked around a disinterested dressing room & the Home End of our Stand, thought f**k this.

Either that or his 'sponsor' pulled the plug. Who knows it's all subjective.

Do you think Durrant taunted him with an anal flute or something?? :lol:

Why would Ian Durrant be the reason for his loan being cancelled??
Lad probably listened to Stevie Wonder's pish/tactics/bluster, looked around a disinterested dressing room & the Home End of our Stand, thought f**k this.
Either that or his 'sponsor' pulled the plug. Who knows it's all subjective.
Do you think Durrant taunted him with an anal flute or something?? [emoji38]
I have no idea, putting 2 and 2 together to make 5. Stevie has left, Atchison is still listed as a player, no formal announcement has been made, yet he is still AWOL.

Durrant may well be on his way this week and if Atchison returns under a new gaffer, I think we can assume the old management team were the reason. Like I said I'm spitballing with the facts that are known.

I think there’s no doubt about it, survival is the only priority for the new manager.

Nah have some good players there. Ballantyne/Barr/Thomas/Gallagher etc. Much improved from last game today I thought. More pace in side, although Mutch is honking, from the outside looking in

Keeper

Ballantyne
Dowie
Barr
Dyer

Thomson
Spencer

Thomas
Forbes
Barr

Gallagher

Could be decent I think.

7 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Only 5 points off the promotion playoffs. Once the injuries clear up, then you should work your way up the league. 

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah have some good players there. Ballantyne/Barr/Thomas/Gallagher etc. Much improved from last game today I thought. More pace in side, although Mutch is honking, from the outside looking in

Keeper

Ballantyne
Dowie
Barr
Dyer

Thomson
Spencer

Thomas
Forbes
Barr

Gallagher

Could be decent I think.

I'd hope so, and while I don't think the promotion play-offs are unrealistic, right now I would take survival. We've got a side that looks capable, on paper at least, but I think there are some serious flaws in there; namely the defence and goalkeeper. Ballantyne sounds excellent, but the rest have been very poor. Dowie has had a shocker, but he started last season terribly too, so I'm hopeful he'll turn it around under the new gaffer. We badly need Mango back from injury.

Keeper

Ballantyne
Dowie
Barr
Dyer

Thomson
Spencer

Thomas
Forbes
Barr

Gallagher

Could be decent I think.
I'd probably have Paton over Barr and I'm keen to see how Loy does under a new gaffer but that's not far off of our strongest 11.

Unfortunately Dowie is done so we're going to need to replace him with the dodgy looking Allardice. Aitken's inability to sign any form of backup for left back means we're stuck with Dyer for the time being, hopefully in January we can sign someone competent enough to at least put in a 6 or 7 out of 10 every week.