Sons' sorrow

Brabco would therefore do very well to consider their next moves, and just maybe it's time for them to consider beating an orderly retreat for the benefit of everyone concerned.  If that results in a loss-making situation, then as savvy businessmen they will presumably recognise that the value of investments can vary - caveat emptor and all that.   Cool heads and honest assessment should be the order of the day, the last thing we need is more emotion in the mix. 

That would indeed be a good, if highly improbable, way forward.

It exists, but does it fulfil it's original purpose of protecting the football club from, shall we say, actions detrimental to it's future wellbeing ?  I'd very much doubt that it would be anything more than a speed bump in the road once push came to shove.  

Expert legal opinion is very much divided on that.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

My assumption is that it attempts to restrict C class holders to voting in very specific circumstances only - I.e. complete sale.

I think your suggested scenario would likely end up in litigation as a possible circumvention of the purpose of the articles. Messy!

Fair enough.

Is there anything prevent the business of the company being transferred out, leaving the property behind? Brabco could then sell its shares in DFC to a developer, say for housing, and the developer could sell individual houses, which wouldn’t need the approval of the C shareholders.  Not suggesting this might happen, but just wonder if the possibility has been covered, if it even is a possibility.

Do Brabco have permission to build on the car park at the Rock? I seem to remember that being brought up at (possibly) the meeting held at the Abbotsford a few years ago. I'm sure that was mooted as a possible plan b.

Do Brabco have permission to build on the car park at the Rock? I seem to remember that being brought up at (possibly) the meeting held at the Abbotsford a few years ago. I'm sure that was mooted as a possible plan b.

Plan GTF as I believe OKI named it. That might not actually be the worst option - though I can’t imagine demand for houses practically in a stadium would be too high, nor do I imagine the Council would look favourably on the prospect of cars not having anywhere to go every other Saturday.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

That would indeed be a good, if highly improbable, way forward.

I quote, Wilf, from the Public Meeting at the Rock Bowling Club....'Dumbarton's result is the second one I look for after Coventry's'....

The Brabco people are Sons fans to their marrow, and that's why I think they'll just put the last eight years down to experience.  They've had six years in The Championship and a Cup Final to look back on, so it has hardly been time or money wasted.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I quote, Wilf, from the Public Meeting at the Rock Bowling Club....'Dumbarton's result is the second one I look for after Coventry's'....

The Brabco people are Sons fans to their marrow, and that's why I think they'll just put the last eight years down to experience.  They've had six years in The Championship and a Cup Final to look back on, so it has hardly been time or money wasted.

imeter11.gif

Does anybody know a good Philadelphia lawyer? Third Lanark Clydebank Gretna. Surely to god not Dumbarton as well.At the end of the nineteenth century Dumbarton almost disappeared surviving only by playing friendlie mostly to keep the club going..Again in 1954 the team almost went under when relegated to the C division. The people of Dumbarton rallied round and saved them then. Who is going to save one of Scotland’s oldest team . In fact one of the worlds oldest teams. You could arguably say that Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven was the birthplace of football worldwide as we know it now. In the 1870s this area had Dumbarton Vale of Leven Renton Lennox Star of Leven Dunbritton Renton Wanderers all playing senior football and Dunbartonshire was not only the most important centre of Scottish football but was the cradle from which the passing game as we know it now came forth

For Dumbarton to go under would be a slap in the face of the history of football.

1 minute ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Does anybody know a good Philadelphia lawyer? Third Lanark Clydebank Gretna. Surely to god not Dumbarton as well.At the end of the nineteenth century Dumbarton almost disappeared surviving only by playing friendlie mostly to keep the club going..Again in 1954 the team almost went under when relegated to the C division. The people of Dumbarton rallied round and saved them then. Who is going to save one of Scotland’s oldest team . In fact one of the worlds oldest teams. You could arguably say that Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven was the birthplace of football worldwide as we know it now. In the 1870s this area had Dumbarton Vale of Leven Renton Lennox Star of Leven Dunbritton Renton Wanderers all playing senior football and Dunbartonshire was not only the most important centre of Scottish football but was the cradle from which the passing game as we know it now came forth

For Dumbarton to go under would be a slap in the face of the history of football.

I've made a few errors today on the designation of shares etc. It's been 12 years since I was involved at any meaningful level on such things so I should have checked before submitting to print instead of relying on dodgy memory. The main points however, remain. I have said all along that someone would seek to realise the value of the ground occupied by the stadium, even though that value is less than was envisaged at one stage, it is still significant. The refusal of planning consent for Dalmoak doesn't make the attempted sale less likely IMHO and anyone who doesn't think that should read the Clydebank FC court case I posted earlier.  The thing about that was that it was really the Steedmans who had been custodians of the club for more than 30 years who pulled the plug. The golden share might still be a vehicle with which to prevent a sale. Of course as OKI has postulated, Brabco might be inclined to just write it off as a bad deal. The way they have chopped and changed and made every effort to get a return on their money would not suggest that as a likelihood.

The cup run and final has probably given the club enough liquidity to get to the end of the season. It's then that we need to be vigilant I think.  I might be wrong and I genuinely hope that I am.

All joking aside, things are not looking good but at least yesterday's vote will probably bring events to a head quicker than may have been anticipated.
Everything depends on whether Brabco had factored in a refusal and a Plan B was thought through. I suspect though that may be wishful thinking.
I'd also be astonished if the Trust hasn't planned for scenarios B, C & D.

14 minutes ago, the white cafu said:

Would anyone on here want a Son's top from my time at the club and a kids top and shorts(brother was a mascot 1 game)?...having a clear out and came across them.

What season is your top from (which may answer the question as to who you are ;))

If I don't have it I might be right up for it.