• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

9 hours ago, microdave said:

Who's Nisbet?

Kevin presumably, by all accounts the striker Stevie missed out on earlier in the month. Scored twice in 20 games for Ayr United last season before they decided not to renew his loan. So clearly he would’ve been a far better addition than a guy who’s scored 50 goals since the SPFL was rebranded...

Showing my age but I presumed Scott as well. 

For those born after there were only 4 channels on the telly, Scott Nesbit was a footballer of limited ability when Rangers were a half decent side in Europe. 

Yes both statements are true. There were only 4 channels and, more unbelievably, Rangers were half decent in Europe. 

Showing my age but I presumed Scott as well. 
For those born after there were only 4 channels on the telly, Scott Nesbit was a footballer of limited ability when Rangers were a half decent side in Europe. 
Yes both statements are true. There were only 4 channels and, more unbelievably, Rangers were half decent in Europe. 

4 channels ?? You were lucky.

I had 3 channels in black and white and I had to get off my arse to change channels !

56 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

I had 3 channels in black and white and I had to get off my arse to change channels !

We used to dream of three channels.

We had 2 and a half channels, all showing snow and if we wanted a decent picture we had to bang the top of the set or climb the chimney in the cold and dark and reposition the aerial, if we were lucky.

1 minute ago, Sons FC said:

We used to dream of three channels.

We had 2 and a half channels, all showing snow and if we wanted a decent picture we had to bang the top of the set or climb the chimney in the cold and dark and reposition the aerial, if we were lucky.

Hiya Rod Hull, hiya pal!

4 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:
4 hours ago, the snudge said:
Remember when Channel 5 used to show Emmanuel movies? 

Red Shoe Diaries tae.

Accidentally set the video to record NHL hockey a wee half hour earlier than it was due to start...

Did Russell get on today? If so, did he look sharp?

Part of me hopes the answer is no, given we'll be fighting it out for 9th spot I reckon!

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did Russell get on today? If so, did he look sharp?

Part of me hopes the answer is no, given we'll be fighting it out for 9th spot I reckon!

He did aye. He looked fit, and still has a wee burst of pace, but was just lacking a bit of match sharpness - which is kind of understandable given how long he's been out.

You have Dobbie. He's been involved in more league goals this season (11 goals, 5 assists according to the Beeb) than our entire team (15). You'll be fine.

That’s it Confirmed by Aitken that Ally Roy is away. Really need a new Winger with pace. Preferably Stirling

14 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

That’s it Confirmed by Aitken that Ally Roy is away. Really need a new Winger with pace. Preferably Stirling

Roy was certainly better than I feared he might be, after a pretty unsuccessful spell in League 1 last season, but ultimately I don't think he's a Championship player just yet. He showed flashes of what he could do, all three of his goals were really nice finishes, and when he used his pace to actually attack full-backs he got some joy,  but that aside I'm not too bothered about losing him. I've no idea how much we were paying him, but I'd like to hope Stevie might be able to re-invest that money elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can I say, lets not judge until we have Mark Stew and Russ on the same pitch.

I agree. I'm actually quite excited by that prospect. I'd imagine we would start Beany on the wing, and then him and Stewart could just move between positions. That might also convince us to actually get the ball down, rather than just launching it in the vague direction of Nade. For the one game a month where Froxy's fit we could even see something like this, which looks quite promising:

Froxylias Walsh Russell

Stewart

I noticed Stirling didn’t even make the bench for Queens today.

1 minute ago, son hawk said:

I noticed Stirling didn’t even make the bench for Queens today.

That's a very good spot. 

I said it a while back, but Stirling is the perfect attacker for a part-time club in this division. He's creative, but not greedy, hardworking but skillful, and fast, but confident running with the ball at his feet.

I'd be absolutely over the moon if we could get him back.

13 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Was a nightmare back in the day. Think they called it exercise

14 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's a very good spot. 

I said it a while back, but Stirling is the perfect attacker for a part-time club in this division. He's creative, but not greedy, hardworking but skillful, and fast, but confident running with the ball at his feet.

I'd be absolutely over the moon if we could get him back.

Really thought Queens were getting a good player in Stirling but he  has done nothing with us .Scored one goal that is it would not be surprised  to see him back with you .Did not even get a mention when Naysmith was talking about players being available for our Cup Tie next week .

Really thought Queens were getting a good player in Stirling but he  has done nothing with us .Scored one goal that is it would not be surprised  to see him back with you .Did not even get a mention when Naysmith was talking about players being available for our Cup Tie next week .

He's not been given a chance to show what he can do. Naysmith signs a player on a 2 year deal and hardly gives him any game time. Clueless.