Sons' sorrow

At least the board are (in some way) trying to make up for the slightly OTT league match prices. One way for fans to drive home that lower prices is what we want is to show up when the prices are actually low. I hope for good turnouts at both games but I won't be surprised if it's the usual.

I’ve put it on twitter and the Facebook page, I hope many people can retweet and share so we can get the numbers up

Seriously, good luck but it's emerging that there's a small but growing band who profess to support the club but would rather greet into their keyboards about prices than either turn up for games or make their point to the club.

Seriously, good luck but it's emerging that there's a small but growing band who profess to support the club but would rather greet into their keyboards about prices than either turn up for games or make their point to the club.

Definitely. Short sighted people who don't realise how lucky they are to have a local, historic football club like ours. They'll lament when it's gone.

I wish it was as cheap as possible but I understand we have to compete in the market and I love our club that we all support.

Sons of the Rock [emoji119]

Just been catching up with the Brabco stuff. Words/phrases like shell company,offshore entity and misleading investors give me the fear for your club. Don't give these guys an inch without forensic scrutinity.

We're working hard to try to ensure exactly that. Trust board reps have regular dialogue/meetings with the owners and are represented on the club board. Brabco are giving both the fan reps and the club board access to the same material (subject to reasonable commercial sensitivity) so we're getting proper disclosure and there is now scrutiny of the proposals to a degree that wasn't really possible as recently as 12 months ago.

Whatever happens, we won't be sleepwalking towards the outcome.

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've been trying really hard and I can't think of one. I'm not sure we've had one in my lifetime.

I'm sure 'keeper Dougie Robertson played for the Scottish League in the early 60's, and before that Jackie Milne was a wartime international, but I think we need to go WAY back to confirm a pukka full internationalist.  Unless of course, someone like Turbo or Dr Jan ever sneaked a cap.

23 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm sure 'keeper Dougie Robertson played for the Scottish League in the early 60's, and before that Jackie Milne was a wartime international, but I think we need to go WAY back to confirm a pukka full internationalist.  Unless of course, someone like Turbo or Dr Jan ever sneaked a cap.

I checked Dr Jan but it's difficult to find anything on Turbo. I think Froxy may be the only modern player we've had.