Sons' sorrow

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/15621550.Chivas_support_for_Dumbarton_FC__39_s_stadium_move/

Are they not set to make money from the land? Obviously they fuckin support it.

Particularly enjoyed this golden nugget at the end...

"Promoting more active, healthier lives forms an important part of our company ethos and as such we are happy to lend our support."

From a company that produces healthy beverages such as whisky, vodka and rum.

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Why do we keep starting Hutton?

Why not play Wilson and Barr in the middle and get one of the wingers on the park and move froxy inside where he will probably be more effective.

Frustrating.

To be fair, today he was honking but in the previous 3 games there is argument that Hutton wasn't the worst of the 3 in centre mid never mind the team.

I’m sorry I don’t really buy the get Hutton out .

did Hutton run around fouling then dive to get sent off. 

Did he curl a free kick from edge of box straight to keeper 

no

we need to accept he isn’t brilliant but honistky today he was better than Barr . Every misplaced pass he does gets jumped on by out fans yet the same people applause a player attempting to cheat and effectively ending our interest in the game. 

Hutton is what he is - a guy who is primarily in there to do the grafting. He's not going to make eye catching passes. He's there to close opponents down and to do the simple stuff.

He doesnt always do it well but he's not the worst we have in that squad. A guy beside him to do the fancy stuff and create would be a massive help.

17 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Maybe I’m watching a different game from others then. Rotten player, can’t run, can’t tackle, hardly ever passes forward.

I haven’t been to many away games this season so maybe he’s turning in his performances away from home.

Yeah 2 of the 3 improved performances were away to Livi and Morton so maybe that's why. He wasn't great today but who was?

Yeah 2 of the 3 improved performances were away to Livi and Morton so maybe that's why. He wasn't great today but who was?

Fair enough. But I’m more meaning why not leave him out and put a winger in and let froxy go through the middle.

50% selection/tactics and 50% I don’t rate him.

Hutton ain't great, but he's unfairly being made a slight scapegoat for some of our recent shortfalls.

He's a poor man's Stuart Carswell, and there's little shame in that, Carswell is really good at the 'midfield enforcer' role.

A bigger issue than how good or otherwise Kyle Hutton is, is SA's apparent insistence on playing two deep central midfielders.

It results in us being so isolated when we do get the ball into the final third that we're asking so much of Nade or whoever, when I genuinely believe that if we could just get some support up there (i.e midfielders) then we'd give ourselves such a better chance of competing in games for the whole game. Instead of constantly having to come from behind because we give our opponents a goal start all the bloody time.

Hutton ain't great, but he's unfairly being made a slight scapegoat for some of our recent shortfalls.

He's a poor man's Stuart Carswell, and there's little shame in that, Carswell is really good at the 'midfield enforcer' role.

A bigger issue than how good or otherwise Kyle Hutton is, is SA's apparent insistence on playing two deep central midfielders.

It results in us being so isolated when we do get the ball into the final third that we're asking so much of Nade or whoever, when I genuinely believe that if we could just get some support up there (i.e midfielders) then we'd give ourselves such a better chance of competing in games for the whole game. Instead of constantly having to come from behind because we give our opponents a goal start all the bloody time.

*Polite applause*

I agree with all this.

Hutton's pish, he's not a scapegoat, he's simply not good enough.

Neither are Dowie or Gallacher who are also quite rightly hounded on a weekly basis.

The 3 of them should be nowhere near our starting 11 and when the injuries subside and a new goalkeeper is signed I expect all 3 to be warming the bench.

I'm astounded folk think Hutton done well today or are willing to describe him as a grafter. He cant tackle, pass or shoot and he doesn't even run around that much.

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hutton's pish, he's not a scapegoat, he's simply not good enough.

Neither are Dowie or Gallacher who are also quite rightly hounded on a weekly basis.

The 3 of them should be nowhere near our starting 11 and when the injuries subside and a new goalkeeper is signed I expect all 3 to be warming the bench.

I'm astounded folk think Hutton done well today or are willing to describe him as a grafter. He cant tackle, pass or shoot and he doesn't even run around that much.

Nah didn’t say he did well but I do think what I see from him , Wilson, Barr, in central mid is comparable. I don’t think Hutton is worse than either of those especially today from barr

Nah didn’t say he did well but I do think what I see from him , Wilson, Barr, in central mid is comparable. I don’t think Hutton is worse than either of those especially today from barr

Barr's utterly embarassing dive aside he's twice the player of Hutton. Even being played out of position in central midfield.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Barr's utterly embarassing dive aside he's twice the player of Hutton. Even being played out of position in central midfield.

I'd usually agree with most of what you say but I don't think Barr is actually that good. He continuously rushes into challenges and the amount of times he does needless things like getting into tussles with opposing players or getting involved in situations that he doesn't need to is ridiculous. Silly bookings seem to be something he is good at.

Hutton isn't great. We all agree on that, but I don't think we have had a better option available. Now Carswell is fit again we can maybe agree he would be the superior option - if he getting himself into the right shape and mindset.