Sons' sorrow

Don't see why Cawley and gibson in the same team is a problem in the slightest. I'm actually really happy with how we have good players out wide on both sides now. Cawley has been our most consistent performer from what I have seen, never stops working.

Edited by Thommo90

All the best to big Andy, great guy and great servant. Ultimate professional.

The next week is huge for us in terms of the squad. We desperately need a striker who knows where the net is and isn't a hold up/lay off type player to compliment Fleming. We now also need a CB who can be depended to slot in should Barr or Buchanan pick up an injury.

When the fixtures were released I told myseld I'd be happy with 2 points from the first 4 so absolutely no need to panic. Wee Stevie looks to be sorting out our biggest issue which is having good Championship quality options on the bench. Smith 100% isn't good enough and I'm not convinced Kirky is either. The sooner these new signings are sorted the better.

If McCallum isn't going to get anywhere near the 1st team I'd rather he was put out on loan. The boy desperately needs regular games.

You had me in complete agreement up until the last line. I don't know who else we'd play there, without going for a narrow 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 with Taggs and Docherty as wing-backs. Gibson and Cawley are our two main creators, almost everything we do comes through them in an attacking sense and both are wonderfully hard working defensively. I don't think I've seen such hard-working wingers in all my time. Not afraid to do the dirty work.

We signed a heck of a lot of players in the summer, was it 14 or something? So a few were always going to be gambles/duds/not suitable. Stee's signings on the most part (Barr, Buchanan, Docherty, Routledge, Gallagher, Gibson, Cawley etc) have been far superior to the players we had last season (Mair, DVZ, Wilson, Duggan, Easton etc) I fully trust Stevie to get in the right players. A defender and striker would be ideal, but they must be good quality.

A young, quick finisher upfront would compliment Garry and Craig perfectly. But they are too similar, and whilst their strength causes team's issues their lack of pace is very evident.

All will be mended when Chris Kane returns ;)

I wasn't offering any criticism of either player, I was considering the balance of the team, and it was interesting that QoS played today without any sort of wingers. In Russell and Lyle however they have a front pair who roam across the front line.

The problem arises when the central midfield malfunctions and the graft can't win or hold the ball to allow the craft to flourish. Gallagher was well off it today and Routledge deserved his MOTM for his effort alone.

A lot may depend on the striker we are after; if it's someone who can lead solo with Garry playing jut behind then fine, but if not then we might need to opt for a more pragmatic formation.

I wasn't offering any criticism of either player, I was considering the balance of the team, and it was interesting that QoS played today without any sort of wingers. In Russell and Lyle however they have a front pair who roam across the front line.

The problem arises when the central midfield malfunctions and the graft can't win or hold the ball to allow the craft to flourish. Gallagher was well off it today and Routledge deserved his MOTM for his effort alone.

A lot may depend on the striker we are after; if it's someone who can lead solo with Garry playing jut behind then fine, but if not then we might need to opt for a more pragmatic formation.

Never mind all that shite, how was Casualty? I hear Lily's been invited to be a Registrar. (Can't do a sticky out tongue on an IPad!)

Anyone use the supporters bus? I normally just drive to away games but I quite Fancy a bevy for the Falkirk game, First time I've managed to get a Friday backshift off in about a year.

Have done a couple of times.

It's full of oddballs & cliquey-type organisers though.

If you can, take the train ????

Craig is a grafter, as is Fleming, but it's far too early to be slaggin either off, or any of the squad, Craig has chased every single ball since he started, against big full time sides, maybe the guys weren't up for queens park, and today was an off day, and I'm sure we'll have others, Craig or Fleming and another though, but at least wait till after a dozen games, then see where we are, but for the record, I like him. Chances will come, very few have been created so far to judge our strikers, maybe it's our midfield

Craig is a grafter, as is Fleming, but it's far too early to be slaggin either off, or any of the squad, Craig has chased every single ball since he started, against big full time sides, maybe the guys weren't up for queens park, and today was an off day, and I'm sure we'll have others, Craig or Fleming and another though, but at least wait till after a dozen games, then see where we are, but for the record, I like him. Chances will come, very few have been created so far to judge our strikers, maybe it's our midfield

Yeah. You liked Nish too ????

As long as Fleming & Craig are paired up front together it's not good. They are too similar in style.

As for not being 'up for Queens' we were handed a 90th min, guilt edged opportunity to progress via the Penalty spot and we couldn't.

Edited by Silverton End

Yeah. You liked Nish too ????

As long as Fleming & Craig are paired up front together it's not good. They are too similar in style.

As for not being 'up for Queens' we were handed a 90th min, guilt edged opportunity to progress via the Penalty spot and we couldn't.

yeah, I did like nish, but how bad were we after he left? Kane benefited from him, as will another striker playing off Craig or Fleming, probably Craig is a more natural front man due to his experience