Sons' sorrow

No Premiership club in their right mind would have signed Agnew 18 months ago. He's improved exponentially since then.

If what Murray says it's true then I'm a bit embarrassed for him.

Rubbish. Agnews always been a decent wee player and his form and goals have been fair similar last few years. But let's not get carried away he could quite easily end up on the bench at St mirren a couple of months down the line.

Rubbish. Agnews always been a decent wee player and his form and goals have been fair similar last few years. But let's not get carried away he could quite easily end up on the bench at St mirren a couple of months down the line.

I never said he wasn't always a decent player but his form was undoubtedly much better in his final year at the club. He was unfortunate not to scoop some prizes at the end of season awards.

I never said he wasn't always a decent player but his form was undoubtedly much better in his final year at the club. He was unfortunate not to scoop some prizes at the end of season awards.

aggy was mostly a stand out for us, probably our best player last season, his worst season probably, 13/14,

that is the cappielow stand

Think it's behind the clock end goal is it not?

Anyway, on the Aggy debate. He was undeniably our best player last season, much of his work went unnoticed unfortunately because he was playing deeper but he was exceptional.

13/14 was definitely his worst season for us, with injury and Kirkpatrick's excellent form making him more of a bit-part player. The first 6 months under Adamson and Jacko in this league he was poor, but Muzz seems to be a manager who can get the best out of him. With all 10 of his league goals that season coming after Christmas.

In the promotion season he was sensational as well. That ball to Dargo at Airdrie :wub:

I really do hope he's a success at St Mirren, he's a tremendous guy who always had loads of time for the fans. I think top end Championship is probably his level, don't see many Premiership clubs (outwith Accies perhaps) being interested in him.

It'll be interesting to see how he, and Muzz do at Saints...I do feel Ian was getting a bit carried away post match. They beat Berwick Rangers. The 4th (?) worst senior team in Scotland.

Garry Fleming speaks to The Dumbarton Terrace again, following his wonder goal on Saturday: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/free-kick-still-garrys-best/

Good stuff, Andy. Really enjoying the amount of content you've written so far.

Any excuse to post this again is a good one:

On daily record online we have signed a 'talent spotter' in Stuart Miller. Ex Clyde boss

With Aitken saying he wants to be strong off the pitch as we are on it.

He's got some set of teeth

009__034__features__Clyde_manager_Stuart

E.T.A Didn't realise he was with WBA. Could be a very big coup:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/record-sport-online-transfer-blog-6145221

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Any more news on the situation with Steven Craig signing?

Nothing officially. But I'd say he's signed and we're just waiting on the final paperwork coming through. He's in the background, wearing 12 in this picture.

daz666_zpsuu5weix4.jpg