Sons' sorrow

3 centre backs haven't worked at a lot of places!! Not at least.man utd although it always looks great on paper!!!! got to be based round a 442 with a part time team!! And third rock not dargo .

And ThirdRock not Dargo what?........was I better player than him? :P

OK.

He struck me as a player who was costly to hire at the time, and was the one that I thought would fit the bill as a mercenary who'd command a signing on fee.

"Stevie is still keen to add to his squad, with firepower upfront and strength in defensive areas still a priority."[/size]

The boss continued: “There will be another few players coming in – the squad hasn’t yet got the numbers I’m looking for, although the nucleus is there.

“We’ve got to look to strengthen the striking area. We have Garry Fleming, Gordon Smith and Kevin Cawley there but we know that Garry and Kevin can play other positions.

Seems like he wants to strengthen upfront and defensively judging by these quotes.

“Those additions may be made before the season starts and we’ll keep an eye on players’ availability, but at the moment the priority is fitness and working as a team.

The accent on the 'may'.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

It "May" be permanent players, but if no one fits the bill, it Will more likely be loanees, is what I get from that, which would be after season starts probably, but I would definitely bring a well known experienced striker in, Jon Daly perhaps? I like bigger strikers, in this league we're up against bigger central defenders,

“Those additions may be made before the season starts and we’ll keep an eye on players’ availability, but at the moment the priority is fitness and working as a team.

The accent on the 'may'.

My guess would be loan signings after the season has kicked off in August for additional depth. Player availability for loan signings I would assume won't be known until some of the top division sides get back together for pre-season and assess their squads.

The accent on the 'may'.

By season starting I took that to be a reference to the game on the 4th (?) of July rather than the start of leagie action.

Could be wrong though.

The accent on the 'may'.

I'm alright with that. From those words it's clear he would like to add to the squad before the season starts but if that's not possible he'll be seeing who comes available (presumably on loan).

If he's looking at someone who can cover at the back as well as adding forwards, we can't complain too much.

I'm confident Stevie will add a striker before the start of the season IF the right player becomes available. If not I'm happy to wait until they do rather than get another Chris Duggan.

I'd still like to see another 2 strikers and another wide man. Weird that Stevie mentions up front and defence but doesn't mention a wide midfielder. We currently only have 1 winger on our books.

We only have 16 players so far. Another 5 or 6 are still needed. Could be the manager is holding off.until he sees what loan signings might become available.

I'm not sure another 5 or 6 are needed. We've gone with big squads under Murray in the last few years, too big IMO for a part time side, and it resulted in a lot of folk moving on who weren't featuring. Just a hunch but it looks to me like Stevie is looking at operating a smaller squad of better quality, rather than signing 24/25 players and not ever using 8 of them.

I'm sure when the pre--season friendlies kick off we may see a few trialists who may give us an idea abut another striker? For all Smith is getting a bit of a hard time, we haven't seen him yet and we may be surprised, other teams may also under estimate the lad to our benefit

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1935

Sons captain agreeing with the minority who were shouted down on here for saying the time was right for Muzz to move on. Encouraging words about the new management and players too.

I think now that folk are seeing the lift Aitken has given the whole club they are starting to realise that guys like me and you are always correct. And that they should never ever question it, just simply accept it.

#alwaysright

We only have 16 players so far. Another 5 or 6 are still needed. Could be the manager is holding off.until he sees what loan signings might become available.

Or like a kid in a sweetie shop he's bust the budget on the 1st 6 or 7 guys that came along?

Or like a kid in a sweetie shop he's bust the budget on the 1st 6 or 7 guys that came along?

Aye, that'll be it. Burst the budget on such well paid stars as Grant Gallagher, Gregor Buchanan and Mark Brown.

Your patter's getting a wee bit repetitive, Justin.