Sons' sorrow

I think Wilf said on here that the last Rangers game was sold out but there were a good few seats in the home end still available.

How much cash would it have made us? I've spoken with the Trust on this before and the club have looked at it. It's not as easy as just throwing up a stand and coining it in and it'd be likely that we make very little from it, if anything at all.

Also, all of the chat RE: Rangers in this thread has been about how we'd rather they fucked off out the league due to the hassle that comes with them and now we're touting throwing up stands to let thousands more of the c***s in. f**k them.

It was sold out. However the club cannot re-sell seaon ticket seats. The empty seats were therefore 1) Season ticket holders who were in hospitality that day and 2) Season ticket holders or other ticket holders who chose not to attend.

Based on the figures I was told the answer was a resounding No. Putting aside Planning considerations, it is not simply a case of flinging up a stand on the Friday afternoon and taking it down again on the Sunday - the hire is more long term than that and as such it is totally uneconomic for basically two games.

So let's kill this one stone deid as it's a total non-runner.

Indeed it is -as I tried to say at this time last year when the (frankly ludicrous) conspiracy theories were going around that the club was inventing problems to limit its income so that it could sell the idea of the move to Dalmoak.

It was sold out. However the club cannot re-sell seaon ticket seats. The empty seats were therefore 1) Season ticket holders who were in hospitality that day and 2) Season ticket holders or other ticket holders who chose not to attend.

Fair enough.

Anyway, all this bickering about stands will be sorted once we move to our shiny new stadium. Anyone heard any more on that?

Fair enough.

Anyway, all this bickering about stands will be sorted once we move to our shiny new stadium. Anyone heard any more on that?

Funnily enough since Bet Butler went boobies up the tumbleweed has been blowing regarding the Rob Roy Arena. Do Brabco actually have any mula to spend on a stadium? How much did all that planning cost them? Couldn't have been cheap considering Rodney or whatever his name is has been working on it for years.

Surely we must hear something soon?

Funnily enough since Bet Butler went boobies up the tumbleweed has been blowing regarding the Rob Roy Arena. Do Brabco actually have any mula to spend on a stadium? How much did all that planning cost them? Couldn't have been cheap considering Rodney or whatever his name is has been working on it for years.

Surely we must hear something soon?

I wouldn't worry about the money side, it all roughly stacks up.

It's okay, we've secretly agreed with Clyde that if we send them half a team they'll send us Alan Martin.

Excellent, Gils joining must mean Martin's in the post.

Gibson

Durie Ching Smith Linton

Gilhaney Shug Mitchell Ferguson

Campbell Higgins

BREAKING: David Mitchell may no longer be a potential signing, but two new players will check into Dumbarton on Wednesday, and Stevie Farrell is hopeful of re-signing activity as well.

Read the full interview on The Dumbarton Terrace here: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/breaking-two-new-signings-to-arrive-on-wednesday/

Armand One has experience of the Championship and Arlan Kadima Mpata is a star in the making so it'll be them imo.

Edit

“I think Scottish football needs Rangers in the top division but that’s not happened and for us it’s fantastic we are going to get the opportunity to play them.

Faz man, you used to be cool

Edited by Sonsteam of 08