Sons' sorrow

Prices from McBookie. Usual runners and riders

3/1 Gus McPherson 4/1 Stephen Aitken 5/1 Gary Bollan 6/1 Derek Young 7/1 John McGlynn 10/1 Gary Teale 12/1 Andy Graham 12/1 Billy Reid 12/1 Allan Moore 16/1 Grant Murray 20/1 Kenny Sheils

Looks like they give a lot of credence to P&B postings.

I reckon it could be time for Johan Cruyff to take the reins.

Gutted Murray's gone but good luck to him. No dinosaurs please, we need either an up and coming manager or take a punt on another ex pro. Should follow the same process as last time and advertise to see who fancies it. Don't go straight to an out of work manager.

Thank you Ian Murray. Hopefully a platform built gir a new man to work with. Turned us sons fans into thinking 7th in the championship was a problem. 3 great years . Good luck . I hope sons fans honourable enough to sing a chorus of one Ian Murray when he come to visit .. Anticipation now is who's next and who will they bring

Absolutely hope there is no chorus of 'one Ian Murray' when he returns as an opponent.

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King....good luck and best wishes to Ian Murray, it's been a mutually-beneficial period here for both himself and the club.

Life goes on however, and I'm actually glad things haven't dragged out and we have a clear direction in which to move forward. We're not left with very much of a playing staff but it's to the Board and Murray's joint credit that the stock of the club is at it's highest for decades.

As such we should be an interesting proposition for an ambitious manager to test himself in a very competitive division next season, and it's good to see that a Board meeting has been convened for tomorrow. Meantime, let's get the season tickets shifted and put some cash in the till :rolleyes:

he deserves praise, I wouldn't be against it either

He does deserve praise and will probably get a good reception for what he achieved but I'd never in a million years sing songs for an opposition player/manager whilst they competed against us. Murray is the past.

Folk can barely muster up the effort to sing songs about our own players never mind an opposition manager.

He does deserve praise and will probably get a good reception for what he achieved but I'd never in a million years sing songs for an opposition player/manager whilst they competed against us. Murray is the past.

Folk can barely muster up the effort to sing songs about our own players never mind an opposition manager.

The atmosphere at the Rock is like a morgue. I don't particularly enjoy home games nowadays

I think most of us could have predicted Murray would be off having achieved 3 years in championship. What benefit could he gain by another year.

If we stayed up would it make much impact on his career, and more than likely we would come down, it is a matter of time after all, unless there is some major behind the scenes plan we don't know about.

Next season will be very tough for us. At present managerless, and squadless (if there is such a word).

For those who know the script behind the scenes at the Rock we are a pretty diddy set up, like so many in Scottish footy, our board enjoy the privelidge of membership of SFA, the trust does its bit as much out of a hobby as a calling in life, and our fans don't really expect much more than we have.

So relax, we will get a name in, probably a guy who is part of the scottish football inner circle of jobs for the boys.

I will put my money on either Jimmy Nicholl or Colin Nish.

A big decision for the Dumbarton board but I'm sure there will loads of candidates, Alloa were inundated with applications when both Hartley and Smith left. Just need to make sure you get the right man in the end, no pressure :P .

I'll be really interested to see how Murray gets on at club which will be amongst the biggest in the division rather than one of the underdogs. I thought the job he did in his first season at Dumbarton was incredible, taking a struggling squad full of players who were widely seen as being out of their depth in the second tier and lifting them to mid table, making Jim Lister a prolific scorer at this level in the process. I would have doubted whether or not he could keep it going but two more very solid seasons since. Extremely impressive so far and I think St.Mirren will be a good move for him, a club with great potential if managed properly.

I apologise. I must get my blinkers out, look through my all is wonderful glasses, and say nothing critical about our club. If only I had 2801 posts, had joined in 2005 and could sing Dumbarton clap clap clap four times, and get back on the bus to the counting house.

I think most of us could have predicted Murray would be off having achieved 3 years in championship. What benefit could he gain by another year.

If we stayed up would it make much impact on his career, and more than likely we would come down, it is a matter of time after all, unless there is some major behind the scenes plan we don't know about.

Next season will be very tough for us. At present managerless, and squadless (if there is such a word).

For those who know the script behind the scenes at the Rock we are a pretty diddy set up, like so many in Scottish footy, our board enjoy the privelidge of membership of SFA, the trust does its bit as much out of a hobby as a calling in life, and our fans don't really expect much more than we have.

So relax, we will get a name in, probably a guy who is part of the scottish football inner circle of jobs for the boys.

I will put my money on either Jimmy Nicholl or Colin Nish.

This troll is becoming tiresome really quickly.

Well, I wouldn't give much credence to his/her powers of prediction, as according to The Goggle's first two posts a month ago, Alloa were down and Queen of the South would be promoted.