Sons' sorrow

I stand suitably corrected on the year, and how appropriate would it have been for 'The Spaniard' himself to have supped from the Lloret de Mar Trophy ?

And we owe a debt of gratitude to Waspy and his faither for momentarily taking our minds off the glaring lack of a striker, always assuming that Shay didn't pick one up at Screwfix yesterday. Glad to see they had the biggest tool in the constituency there too ;)

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1725

The guy on the left - I thought Jaws was deid, no ?

As I said on Twitter earlier, the guy looks like he was turning his heid really quickly when the photo was taken. Either that or he has a serious case of clubber's jaw.

Just to add as well, Dumbarton not getting a Screwfix until after the big town did. Same with Sports Direct. And Asda. Forever in our shadow.

You've definitely got the bragging rights there.

I'm sure Dumbarton was first with a Credit Union, Cash for Clothes and a Thai Massage facility mind you.

Yip. And here's the team sheet and a pic of the trophy

attachicon.gifimg173.jpg

attachicon.gifimg174.jpg

As I recall, there was something strange about the game. The referee couldn't continue for whatever reason and Davie Wilson (one of our best ever managers and a true Sons legend) took over till the end of the game. I remember we used to joke that it was the only reason we won!

As I recall, there was something strange about the game. The referee couldn't continue for whatever reason and Davie Wilson (one of our best ever managers and a true Sons legend) took over till the end of the game. I remember we used to joke that it was the only reason we won!

Ok, not quite right - the newspaper article quotes Sons boss Alex Wright (another legend) but I am sure Davie Wilson acted as ref for the latter part of the game.

Fairly promising...

He's a player I rate. I think I this loan spell will determine if he will be kept on by Thistle with the intention to challenge for next season, or if he'll be released to go into the lower leagues to make his name. Personally, I'd like to see him signed up for the sake of an extra year(you can play 5 overagers in the DL team) rather than miss out on a guy who could make a contribution to the team.

I've watched him a fair bit over the last couple of years and I'd say he is probably another Kris Doolan; a striker who leads the line very well and who'll be able to bring others into play assuming they make the forward runs into the penalty area. I think he had two assists on his debut for Queen's Park who, as POTM said, he joined earlier in the season despite having offers higher up the leagues. He's netted six goals in six DL games this season to add to his 13(I think) from last year. He did require surgery on ankle ligaments earlier in the season which curtailed his loan spell.

I don't think he's as good as Chris Kane is but I'm relatively confident he'll do a job for Dumbarton as they secure a mid-table slot to finish the season. He has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, good a hassling defenders and creating chances. He's also relatively clinical too. I hope he does well.

A striker called Chris on loan from a Premiership team after scoring barrowloads in the U20s team who was born in 1994...

"He's just a lethal goal scorer. He just seems to be in the right place at the right time. He needs to work on his all-round game but he's an honest lad and he knows that.

"As soon as the ball goes in the box, he normally puts it away.

Liking the sound of this...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08