Sons' sorrow

Not too surprised to see Murray and McDougall shown the door. Murray needs to be playing regularly at this stage of his career and if Clyde can offer him that then is a good move for the player. McDougall has bags of talent but absolutely no desire to use it and I'm glad we're getting shot.

It does unfortunately give us a shortage of options in the squad. Hopefully we'll be able to do some deals in the next week or two - its probably good timing to get the Rangers and Hearts games out the way early with a view to having a stronger squad going into games we have a chance of taking points in.

Not too surprised to see Murray and McDougall shown the door. Murray needs to be playing regularly at this stage of his career and if Clyde can offer him that then is a good move for the player. McDougall has bags of talent but absolutely no desire to use it and I'm glad we're getting shot.

It does unfortunately give us a shortage of options in the squad. Hopefully we'll be able to do some deals in the next week or two - its probably good timing to get the Rangers and Hearts games out the way early with a view to having a stronger squad going into games we have a chance of taking points in.

When we signed McDougall a Pars friend of mine said that on his day he could be the best player in the division, but the problem was you only got one or two days out him a season. He was spot on with that. For all his talent he too often looked disinterested. A passenger on too many occasions unfortunately, and when you're in a full-time league with a relatively small squad and tight budget you can't afford passengers. I think the time is right for him to move on, with our best wishes of course.

I'm not concerned about our squad options. Neither McDougall or Shug would have been likely starters in the coming games and I would expect Murray to have identified replacements and have them in over the coming days or weeks. The obvious priority is a suitable replacement for Kane and hopefully an extension of Rogers' loan.

The next few weeks will be interesting, as how we address these personnel issues will direct the rest of our season.

I think we could have a ready made replacement for Kane at the club already - Mitch Megginson.

We're getting less and less from him punted out wide, He continually looks to come inside and he offers his fullback no protection. He was a striker before signing for us so why not see if he can offer us a goal threat up front?

Jordan Allan maybe. He's only 19 and out of contract in January. Doesn't seem to have played many games for Morton but is ex Dundee utd youth.

He's terrible according to the 'Ton fans. Although I seem to recall them saying that about Andy Graham and look how he turned out.

It wouldn't be Declan McManus would it? Scored goals for fun this season and on loan from Aberdeen (a club who we obviously have ties with) Noticed that he's been recalled by the Dons so maybe a move up a division?

McManus or Shankland to Sons according to my northern source. If folk are chanting young Morton striker it may be McManus.

Chanting is a novel approach to getting a player signed.

I hope Declan McManus signs and scores the winner at Ibrox.

Guy on twitter saying mcmanus expected to go to St.mirren till end of the season, I wouldn't imagine that's true being that their in the same league as Aberdeen?

We had Magennis on loan from Aberdeen last season.

Happy new year everyone! I'm looking for an away end ticket for Ibrox tomorrow. Anyone know of how to go about this? Don't really want to sit in the home end but don't wanna miss the game!

Can you contact the club and arrange to either collect at the stadium or pick up at Ibrox?

which club? Our stadium is closed today and I don't have a number to contact

Dumbarton. The phone number is 01389 762569 but I'm not sure if it's open on match days when we're away from home. I remember trying to call on the morning of the Hearts game with no answer. Worth a shot early tomorrow though.

Failing that I would contact The Rangers and ask if an away ticket can be purchased for collection at the ground. There will be seats available in the away end and The Rangers would rob a granny for a crisp twenty so there's a chance they'll help you out.