Sons' sorrow

I suggest you get along to the stadium this week and ask all of the above. Point 2 is particularly concerning and I'm going to be asking about that on Thursday.

I,will try to get down during the day if I'm well enough, I've asked someone by proxy to ask these questions

Our game against Falkirk on the 20th of December moved to 5.30pm for live Alba coverage.

Shite.

Clan game starts at 7. Us v Falkirk on Teuchter TV at 5:30.

Suppose I'll be recording the Sons game to watch later and going to the hockey. 5:30 kick off on a Saturday in December is shite.

I've been reading with interest about the proposed move to a flood plain site, with poor transport link,and 4000 capacity.

A few points about this

1/ why do we need a bigger ground when the championship will be almost back to normal, crowds of 742 ,and maybe on a good day, 500 away fans

2/. Why is it being built in stages, answer they build one stand and say ,Ach you don't need any more ,that'll do and Brabco ride off I to the sunset

3/ who is going to fund it as it seems to me that Brabco are selling the site to themselves.

I SMELL SHITE

Or have I read this wrong???

Numbers 2 and 3 are particularly interesting.

Supposing the Sons current ground goes for £3.5million and we get a 1 stand ground with a 2000 capacity for circa £1million including infrastructure upgrades. Brabco piss off with the remaining money and we're left without the promised extra capacity.

Just as worrying would be what protection is in place for the club during the development phase of a new ground? We sell the BB. We're told that we'll be sharing with Stirling, Morton or even Glasgow Warriors until the new ground is built. Brabco piss off with the money by selling us the Youngs land at a massive mark-up and we're left homeless.

They don't appear to have the resources to provide our new ground prior to us leaving the BB. We're in serious danger of being screwed over and left either homeless or with a poor ground that doesn't meet the original proposals.

We've pretty much confirmed we'll be putting Kane into our first team squad when he returns in January, I'm not sure you'll be that bothered if he continues being so injury prone though :lol:

We've pretty much confirmed we'll be putting Kane into our first team squad when he returns in January, I'm not sure you'll be that bothered if he continues being so injury prone though :lol:

You don't want him back, too injury prone. Best leaving him with us for the next 6 months to fully recover.

Where did you see that? Was really hoping we'd be able to hold onto him.

There was a Q&A session in the past week and when January Transfers came up it was mentioned that due to MacLeans injury we intend to bring him back and involve him in the team

There was a Q&A session in the past week and when January Transfers came up it was mentioned that due to MacLeans injury we intend to bring him back and involve him in the team

no major surprise surely? Given St Johnstone's well publicised striking problems, I didn't think for a minute he would still be with us after end of his loan period

that said, it does leave us short in striking dept....and we're not exactly banging them in just now

Given the news about Kane, I'd have thought that this would mean that any justification for Nish remaining in the team pretty much disappears. Actually even the sentiment that they combined so well doesn't bear scrutiny. If you check last season's stats it's interesting to note how many of Kane's goals were scored when Nish wasn't on the park.

To be fair to Nish he has ploughed a lone furrow this season. It doesn't work.

With Aberdeen likely to be recalling Rogers, going by them not allowing him to play on Saturday, I think on Saturday's evidence (and that of last season) Ewings can do that job. Our priority should be to get our attacking option sorted.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

I've been reading with interest about the proposed move to a flood plain site, with poor transport link,and 4000 capacity.

A few points about this

1/ why do we need a bigger ground when the championship will be almost back to normal, crowds of 742 ,and maybe on a good day, 500 away fans

2/. Why is it being built in stages, answer they build one stand and say ,Ach you don't need any more ,that'll do and Brabco ride off I to the sunset

3/ who is going to fund it as it seems to me that Brabco are selling the site to themselves.

I SMELL SHITE

Or have I read this wrong???

Frankly it isn't surprising to smell shite at Dalmoak. As the site of a council tip, an old folks home and accommodation for hunners of coos it is bound to smell a bit. The answer to no. 1) is that it doesn't look like we do actually need a bigger stadium although to be fair the club were castigated everywhere for not doing more to explore the possibility of erecting temporary stands for this season. However we might benefit from some all weather pitches as they would give as training facilities and an income stream. 2) Good point. Money is the answer to 8 out of 10 answers to all questions about anything. I'd say money. 3) Do Denny's Homes (Brabco) actually own the site? This is news to me. Why would they sell it to themselves if they already owned it? However your point asking who is going to fund it is valid. That is the big question here. Is funding in place? Will bonds be put up with the council as is common in such situations?

Frankly it isn't surprising to smell shite at Dalmoak. As the site of a council tip, an old folks home and accommodation for hunners of coos it is bound to smell a bit. The answer to no. 1) is that it doesn't look like we do actually need a bigger stadium although to be fair the club were castigated everywhere for not doing more to explore the possibility of erecting temporary stands for this season. However we might benefit from some all weather pitches as they would give as training facilities and an income stream. 2) Good point. Money is the answer to 8 out of 10 answers to all questions about anything. I'd say money. 3) Do Denny's Homes (Brabco) actually own the site? This is news to me. Why would they sell it to themselves if they already owned it? However your point asking who is going to fund it is valid. That is the big question here. Is funding in place? Will bonds be put up with the council as is common in such situations?

Who do you think owns it?

All you need to know Wilf

https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/06457821/dennys-homes-limited

I was leading to that :P

Previous Names

Dfc Community Stadium Company Limited Changed on 11 April 2013

Dfc Shareholders 2 Limited Changed on 3 July 2009

Brabco 752 Limited Changed on 28 February 2008

Edited by The Moonster

Given the news about Kane, I'd have thought that this would mean that any justification for Nish remaining in the team pretty much disappears. Actually even the sentiment that they combined so well doesn't bear scrutiny. If you check last season's stats it's interesting to note how many of Kane's goals were scored when Nish wasn't on the park.

To be fair to Nish he has ploughed a lone furrow this season. It doesn't work.

With Aberdeen likely to be recalling Rogers, going by them not allowing him to play on Saturday, I think on Saturday's evidence (and that of last season) Ewings can do that job. Our priority should be to get our attacking option sorted.

Fleming and Campbell for me. Gave Nish too many chances to win me around but he doesn't look arsed half the time. At least garry puts himself about and works his arse off.

Campbell is quicker than Kane, although Kane has that nack of being in the right place at the right time. I'm confident once he adds a few goals to his game he can batter them in. Feel like he hasn't had much of a chance though. Was good at raith and was subbed, played excellent against Alloa and was good but faded on Saturday there, still don't think he should have been subbed though.

I must admit I've not been impressed with Campbell. Fair enough he's spent most of his time on the bench but I'm not convinced he's up to it, infact the more I see him the less I'm impressed.

He runs about a lot but does he really offer us much else? Certainly wouldn't be against shipping him out in January if there's a better option available.