Sons' sorrow

The majority of our games were called off due to frost affecting the stand side touchline, this has been solved by the club investing in covers that can be used on that area when it's cold. Wind and rain really aren't the issue you'd think it would be and you can get that at just about any ground - see Cowden v Dumbo at Central a while back.

If we could play our cup game last season when St.Mirren had to abandon their game at the same time then the drainage must be adequate.

So we shouldn't have even moved here in the first place. Brilliant.

The club will rent out these facilities aye? So what happens when the person renting them realises that actually, nobody in Dumbarton wants to come for their tea at Dumbarton Football Stadium? We can't just take the "build it and they will come" approach. Building a restaurant to sell it to a restaurant chain seems a bit of a pointless act to me, let alone the risk involved if no one wants it. As I've said before, it's stuff we don't need thrown on to a proposal to try and make it more palatable.

I appreciate that Gilbert is a Dumbarton fan, I appreciate he's been successful in business, I also appreciate that getting rid of Rankine was needed, what I don't appreciate is the cloak the owners have hidden behind, you must realise that makes many fans uneasy? Honestly, at the start when they bought the club, if they'd have introduced themselves and let us know what their vision was I probably wouldn't be as cynical as I'm being. All we have is the name Brabco, no official statement ever made, no comments from our owners until these plans pop up. I appreciate that Gilbert has brought them in and he supports the club, I may be young but I'm not naive enough to know think that everything will be okay because of that.

Commercial leases of the type signed by Travelodge or Premier Inn or any other operator are typically for 10 or 20 years. Restaurant operators will be much the same. Before committing to a location there will be feasibility studies, mosaic profiling and the like done. Some companies even employ satellite traffic movement software. Tesco for example can tell within a few hundred pounds how much a store will take before they open the doors. I'm sure the groundwork and feasibility studies on the club's behalf will have been done if there is to be a presentation.

Will it work? I don't know because I am not privy to the financial arrangements or funding details. And like you I don't know much about Brabco. Are Calum and Andy Hosie part of Brabco? If so I know who they are. You guys are maybe right to be sceptical but all I'm saying is that some of the points being brought up are red herrings.

No, no, no, Moonster. Don't you see? You're young, and Wilf is older, so you're wrong. Also, Gilbert Lawrie supports Dumbarton and used to run a business, so everything will definitely be fine.

I'm glad we were able to clear that up. Can't wait to move stadium now.

Not what I'm saying at all. Gilbert Lawrie ran not only a business but a PLC. It was a property business with a multi million pound turnover. That gives him a bit of expertise in the field (sic). He also has a good track record as a director of the club. When he was there in the 90's we got to the old first division. When Rankine returned and turfed him off the board we ended up in the doldrums. His return as chief exec saw us win promotion from div 3, win div 2 play offs and finish best part time club in the land two seasons running.

Criticise the Chief Exec and the board by all means but sometimes a little bit of perspective is required.

I was only suggesting that gale force winds and driving rain are as likely in the proposed location as the present one. If that makes me a smart arse, fine.

I don't think that would be the case. The proposed new location is low lying and fairly sheltered compared to the exposed riverside location at the Rock.

Not what I'm saying at all. Gilbert Lawrie ran not only a business but a PLC. It was a property business with a multi million pound turnover. That gives him a bit of expertise in the field (sic). He also has a good track record as a director of the club. When he was there in the 90's we got to the old first division. When Rankine returned and turfed him off the board we ended up in the doldrums. His return as chief exec saw us win promotion from div 3, win div 2 play offs and finish best part time club in the land two seasons running.

Criticise the Chief Exec and the board by all means but sometimes a little bit of perspective is required.

I run a property company with a 7 figure turnover, surely I'm well qualified in those terms to state my piece? My skepticism doesn't come from blind paranoia, it is couched in my knowledge of the industry we are discussing.

Commercial leases of the type signed by Travelodge or Premier Inn or any other operator are typically for 10 or 20 years. Restaurant operators will be much the same. Before committing to a location there will be feasibility studies, mosaic profiling and the like done. Some companies even employ satellite traffic movement software. Tesco for example can tell within a few hundred pounds how much a store will take before they open the doors. I'm sure the groundwork and feasibility studies on the club's behalf will have been done if there is to be a presentation.

Will it work? I don't know because I am not privy to the financial arrangements or funding details. And like you I don't know much about Brabco. Are Calum and Andy Hosie part of Brabco? If so I know who they are. You guys are maybe right to be sceptical but all I'm saying is that some of the points being brought up are red herrings.

no inside info but I know either ALDI or LIDL are wanting to open a store in Dumbarton......

I run a property company with a 7 figure turnover, surely I'm well qualified in those terms to state my piece? My skepticism doesn't come from blind paranoia, it is couched in my knowledge of the industry we are discussing.

Going by your posting style, I thought you were about 15.

f**k me :eek::eek:

Stroll on Son