Sons' sorrow

Aye, the club lurkers. And be warned, they report everything back ;)

Club officials absolutely keep an eye on this thread. They can also probably put a name to most of the user names here.

Doesn't bother me - fans should be able to talk about the football and the club whether it's to praise things or criticise them. As long as it's not abusive then the club really shouldn't be interfering.

Not sure how I feel about officials at the club doing that. Obviously it's a public forum and they'll be able to see what the fans are saying (although that doesn't seem to stop them on some occassions). Didn't a user get pulled up and asked to remove a post? Have a feeling it was Sonsteam Of 08?

Not sure how I feel about officials at the club doing that. Obviously it's a public forum and they'll be able to see what the fans are saying (although that doesn't seem to stop them on some occasions). Didn't a user get pulled up and asked to remove a post? Have a feeling it was Sonsteam Of 08?

I never heard anything official from the club but I heard mutterings that they weren't too impressed that I leaked the fact that Mitch had signed about 3 weeks before it went on the os. Just a vague message and then a disappearing link that gave me this idea.

In what way does a wee single match ticket make me any more of a genuine ticket holder than my season book?

Surely by producing my season book to any steward/cop who wants to check me before I head down to the ground, I'm proving that I am indeed a genuine ticket holder? I'd say it's a better form of proof that I'm a genuine season ticket holder - whats to stop a Sons season ticket holder from punting their one-off match ticket to a Gers fan? You're hardly going to do that if it means giving them your book are you?

Absolute f**k nugget of a decision.

Next thing will be the social club being closed on the day of cat A games and the wee bowling club having it's license removed for a fixed period before and after the game. Just because Rangers, Hearts and Hibs turn up, its no excuse to treat the Sons fans like shite and make us jump through more hoops to get to the game.[/quote

Of course it doesn't make you more of a ticket holder. It's the police we're talking about here. In their eyes it will be easier to deal with if everyone has the same ticket. Yes the decision is way over the top but my point was that it's harsh to blame the club.

What a pile of pish

Why??????

Have we suddenly got a bigger stadium .

If all away supporters come by bus equals a maximum 16 buses.

What if I want to go to the bowling green,up the castle or even just a walk with the dog.

This is typical of SNP laws to criminalise football fans.

Any fans who want to avoid this walk down the burn path and along the shore.

What a load of shite.

What about fans with mobility problems ,any access??

The whole thing stinks

Why feckin bother going it'll probably be on TV

what has this got to do with the SNP? sorry....but that's utter b*llocks. Those laws were brought in to try and curb sectarianism, bcause quite frankly the team we are playing next week have shown absolutely no interest in doing so

how many Sons fans have been arrested under these laws? I would be very surprised if the figure is more than 0

Of course it doesn't make you more of a ticket holder. It's the police we're talking about here. In their eyes it will be easier to deal with if everyone has the same ticket. Yes the decision is way over the top but my point was that it's harsh to blame the club.

Ibrox is a reasonable example.

Some fans have electronic smart cards. Some fans have paper tickets. It doesn't seem to cause any issues does it? Next week we'll be using our paper tickets right next to the guys with smart cards in the Govan front.

It's an overzealous police match commander making an idiotic decision.

The club do monitor this forum. Things I've said on here have been brought up several times. I don't give a damn, it's a football team, not the politburo. Everyone on here knows who I am if they have any problem.[/quot

Brought up where by whom ?

The club do monitor this forum. Things I've said on here have been brought up several times. I don't give a damn, it's a football team, not the politburo. Everyone on here knows who I am if they have any problem.[/quot

Brought up where by whom ?

Mr F has occasionally spoken to me in person or via Facebook about things I've posted. We don't always agree on club matters, but we get along fine.

ame="Nowhereman" post="8693814" timestamp="1408208191"]

Mr F has occasionally spoken to me in person or via Facebook about things I've posted. We don't always agree on club matters, but we get along fine.

meaning no disrespect to Mr F here, he's only as much part of the club as the club let him be.