Sons' sorrow

Big Broon was decent, I've seen far worse in recent years than him.

Flannery always for me. The day he ran by the crabbit old Dumbarton fans giving them the shhhh after he scored was the day we should of handed him the keys to the town. Bit of a shagger into the bargain which always gave him extra soundness points. I liked the fact he was a bit of a villian type character but really didn't give a flying f**k.

He still managing some junior mob?

Hibs away on a Tuesday/Wednesday night. Could've had worse draws I suppose although I'd have preferred St Mirren away.

It's a pretty good draw financially compared to who we could have landed and it gives the lads a chance to go and express themselves in a decent stadium. Plus the Fringe will still be on for anyone who fancied making a day of it.

Downside is that an Ibrox-Easter Road double header might take its toll on the team.

Keith McCullough would disagree with you there. Flannery was a dick but he always scored against us, fact is if he didn't he would be long forgotten. Certain players are total dicks but they don't play well against you so you soon forget about them. Flannery was different.

I remember I midweek game I made the trip to SHS (my first visit I think) and we got pumped 3-0. Flannery scored and gave it the 'up you' symbol to the Cowden support. I think we both loved to hate each other.

The whole Flannery/Cowden situation was caused by Levein, a 50/50 with no intent to hurt ended up in your player breaking a leg these things happen in football.

Flannery always played well against your lot though!!

The legend that he is

Andy Broon one of the worst players ever to wear a sons shirt, utter dross!!

Nonsense. Clearly you've forgotten the role he played in our promotion season after the long, awful stay in Division 3. Flannery took a lot of credit with the goals he scored that season, but wouldn't have scored nearly as many if it wasn't for Brown. Not to mention the absolute screamer he banged in against Peterhead in a 3-0 win on the penultimate day of the season.

I'd forgotten how much Flannery wound up the Cowden fans. Excellent.

Edited by FifeSons

Flannery was awesome, Broon the buffoon was gash along with many others in that era how far we have moved since those terrible days!!

Brown may not have been prolific himself but if he hadn't been there beside him Flannery wouldn't have scored all the goals he did.

:lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tv-fame-star-loved-getting-1606348#.U-PCU4BdU7U

pmsl, puts mcdougall to shame. Legend.

We had alot of really good players in that era, I think we lacked a manager with the necessary experience or savvy to properly take them forward

Edited by optimistic

Can anyone tell me what exactly is required ticket-wise for the Rangers game at Ibrox ? I understand you need to have a ticket prior to the game - is this correct and will DFC be selling a quantity to Sons fans ? What's the script here ?

You will need a ticket prior to the game which will be sold by DFC at the BBS perhaps a week or so before the game with ST holders getting priority. I think...

Fantasy football - sadly no sons fans have joined yet...

http://www.fantastar.com/General/uageJo ... FLChb34e5b

You'll need the league password 002132SPFLChb34e5b to join the league

£5 to join, and £50 to the winner.

All championship teams and players are included...

All important rules

Team Selection

Your fantasy team must be made up of 11 players containing:

1 x goalkeeper (GLK)
4 x defenders (DEF)
4 x midfielders (MID)
2 x forwards (FWD)

You have unlimited transfers up to the first fixture.

You must transfer a player the day before the match for that player to score any points in that match.

How do I score points?

A Goalkeeper will score:

5 points for every goal scored. 6 points for every clean sheet. -1 points for every goal conceded.
A Defender will score:

5 points for every goal scored. 3 points for every clean sheet. -1 points for every goal conceded.
A Midfielder will score:

4 points for every goal scored.
A Striker will score:

3 points for every goal scored.

All Players will score:

2 points for every appearance. 2 points for every assist. -3 points for every yellow card. -6 points for every red card. 5 points for every man of the match