Sons' sorrow

McDougall? Are you kidding me on? What an absolute waste of a wage that is.

Is Murray dishing out contracts will nilly based on our good team performance last year?

I'm sorry but guys like McDougall and Smith etc should have been the first out the door. That could be a free wage invested in someone who could push for a starting slot, not a total waste of space like McDougall who will once again warm the bench and bring ziltch to the team.

Time to be ruthless Ian, not hand out contracts to passengers.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

didn't really play last season, but was pretty effective year before. Not a bad sub I suppose to be able to bring on

By that logic we should be offering Scott Smith a contract. In Murrays time here he's shown loyalty to the players that kept us up but I hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the arse.

By that logic we should be offering Scott Smith a contract. In Murrays time here he's shown loyalty to the players that kept us up but I hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the arse.

Totally agree, why sign someone to be awright from the bench? Shouldn't we be freeing up that wage to strengthen rather than stick with dead wood?

I'm getting the impression that Murray doesn't like releasing people. As much as I'm happy about Prunty and McLaughlin I fully expected them to be released based on the playing side of things. I also expected McDougall, Ewings, Grindlay and Smith to be goners as I feel they are the players we could replace with better.

I'm getting the impression that Murray doesn't like releasing people.

Murray was ruthless enough in getting rid of fans favourites like Pat Walker plus the likes of Martin McNiff & Kevin Smith when they clearly were no longer in his plans.

The Steven McDougall contract is a strange one indeed. All I can think is he reckons he will get a run in the team if Megginson is away. McDougall was decent the previous season but was disinterested before Murray arrived.

Let's not forget that this squad took us to the SC quarter final plus our highest finish in years. Perhaps we'll use the prize money for 5th place to secure the bulk of the current squad plus a few quality additions.

Edited by mike rankine

Assume mcginn and meginson will wait to see what is available after the play off games.

Would like Scott Linton to be signed up soon but is he waiting the outcome of all the fife play off conundrums inc east fife

Agree we seem to have signed up a few squad players but its very early days yet.

Still better off than this time last week

Typical George didn't want to miss a game so waited till end of season.RIP

Might well be that a lot of these second line guys are on limited contracts in terms of money but happy to sign for a potential shot against Sevco, Hearts etc.

I think that Smith will be given pre-season to get himself fit. I think he's a good option to have as cover, if he can get himself to a stage where he actually looks like a footballer. I hope Murray doesn't offer him a contract until then though.

Happy with Aggy, we have 3 very good centre midfielders, which is a nice position to be in.

McDougall's signing indicates he will start next season and the position is his to lose.

To be fair, he has played pretty well when coming off the bench this season.

I just hope he isn't on a big wage, especially when we have Ally McKerracher, who I hope either gets some serious game time or a loan to a league1/2 team next season.

Assume mcginn and meginson will wait to see what is available after the play off games.

Would like Scott Linton to be signed up soon but is he waiting the outcome of all the fife play off conundrums inc east fife

Agree we seem to have signed up a few squad players but its very early days yet.

Still better off than this time last week

Typical George didn't want to miss a game so waited till end of season.RIP

Are you seriously suggesting Linton would go to East Fife??

McDougall is an underwhelming signing to say the least. I would have expected him, Ewings and Prunty to have all been let go. However, I trust Murray's judgement and these guys aren't bad options to have as squad players.

Maybe I was right....

Yes all the squad bar the 2 that were freed were offered contract extensions. The manager also has 4 other signing targets. Whether some of those were loan players from last season e.g Mikey Miller, remains to be seen. On MacDougall i actually like him. I agree he never offered that much when he came on last season but never got that much of a chance with Meggs having such a good season. I still feel he has something to offer.

Depends what is on offer from the five teams.

East five have offered decent contracts in tthe past

Personally hope he stays.

There's absolutely no chance he will go to East Fife. He could play full-time football in the Championship if he wanted to. Would like to see him signed up soon as well though, he was undoubtedly one of our best players last season.