Sons' sorrow

Actually Wilf i think they did. I recall saying to my pal why don't we put names on when i seen that Cowden had. Agree it is a good thing and not sure why all clubs in our league don't do it if they where the same top ever week.

Aye they did, would be good if we could so we could all walk about with "Prunty" on the back of our tops!

post-33799-0-79055300-1400320033_thumb.j

Really sad but not unexpected news about George, a great character and Sons fan to the core. Despite his rapidly failing health he recently made the journey to Dundee to cheer on the team, unbelievable commitment to his beloved Sons.

There's many of us will miss his infectious enthusiasm and banter - may you rest in peace mate.

Really sad but not unexpected news about George, a great character and Sons fan to the core. Despite his rapidly failing health he recently made the journey to Dundee to cheer on the team, unbelievable commitment to his beloved Sons.

There's many of us will miss his infectious enthusiasm and banter - may you rest in peace mate.

Just said to my mum there how he was through at Dundee despite his health problems and speaking to him he was still his usual cheery self. A lovely guy, we'll need someone else to tell the ref that it's tea time. RIP.

Actually Wilf i think they did. I recall saying to my pal why don't we put names on when i seen that Cowden had. Agree it is a good thing and not sure why all clubs in our league don't do it if they wear the same top every week.

I think you have to next season. They made it optional at the last minute this season.

'That's tea time ref' has been one of my favourite things to hear at games over the years. Always find myself saying it when I'm playing a tense game of FIFA or Football Manager.

Very sad news indeed, R.I.P.

Sad news! Most folk knew him and he was a good guy. Just loved the sons and was a true old school football fan. Always made me laugh hearing him shout tea time ref. Especially after one of my mates made an effort in a midweek game in shouting 'bed time ref'... got quite a few laughs and didn't have the same effect. Hope one day I can have supported the sons as long as he did.

Actually Wilf i think they did. I recall saying to my pal why don't we put names on when i seen that Cowden had. Agree it is a good thing and not sure why all clubs in our league don't do it if they wear the same top every week.

Oh.. My mistake..

Great news to have Garry and Ally signed up. The squad is starting to come together nicely. A couple of new faces and a Mcginn and Megginsons away from title challengers.. ;)

With McCoist, Levein and Butcher (?) spearheading the title favourites, they may as well give us the trophy now.

'That's tea time ref' has been one of my favourite things to hear at games over the years. Always find myself saying it when I'm playing a tense game of FIFA or Football Manager.

Very sad news indeed, R.I.P.

George was a nice fella. I used to see him regularly in Dumbarton High Street. Until a few years ago he'd always have his bike and he would seek you out to talk about Dumbarton. Trigger like, and after a few vain attempts at correcting him, he always called me Wullie.

'Tea Time Ref!'

R.I.P.

George was a nice fella. I used to see him regularly in Dumbarton High Street. Until a few years ago he'd always have his bike and he would seek you out to talk about Dumbarton. Trigger like, and after a few vain attempts at correcting him, he always called me Wullie.

'Tea Time Ref!'

R.I.P.

This made me smile. For years George has been calling me John (it's not my name). I got fed up correcting him so I just ended up answering to "John"

R.I.P old friend.