Sons' sorrow

It's true though, if I was still a student and wanted to pay for something id make sure I kept it aside beforehand.

But surely Sonsism had no idea how much it would be. Think it was about £90 before so even counting in a rise if I was saving for it I'd maybe put aside £120 to be safe nowhere near the £240 it's going to cost him.

Just read a tweet from Andy Clark of the Reporter saying Ewings has signed.

Wonder what this could mean for the future of Grindlay, surely we aren't going to stick with both 'keepers from last season? I don't see one of them wanting to be 3rd choice.

But surely Sonsism had no idea how much it would be. Think it was about £90 before so even counting in a rise if I was saving for it I'd maybe put aside £120 to be safe nowhere near the £240 it's going to cost him.

Aye, fair enough, didn't consider the fact the student prices were getting removed.

slightly disappointed about the scale of the ST increases....as i buy the father in law one too, it will mean an increase for me of approx £100

i will pay it, but in hindsight, perhaps would have been better to have had modest increases in the past couple of seasons, so the hike wasnt so big

perhaps some consideration could also have been given to creating a Cat C game for Alloa / Cowdenbeath? maybe £14 for these games would attract more walk up fans?

Anyone else slightly disappointed with Ewings signing back up?

I'll be doubly disappointed if Grindlay also signs back up. It's the one glaringly obvious area we need to strengthen.

I expected both of them to leave but one signing up doesn't bother me, if Grindlay signs then we won't be getting another 'keeper imo and then I would be a bit surprised and disappointed.

perhaps some consideration could also have been given to creating a Cat C game for Alloa / Cowdenbeath? maybe £14 for these games would attract more walk up fans?

I know exactly what you're saying, but is that £2 the deal breaker? Would a non-fan who's thinking of taking in either a Cowden or Alloa game, who looks at the price, really decide 'no' at £16 but 'aye' at £14?

To me if a person thinks "Sons v Cowden/Alloa - pfft", then they ain't gonna go.

I know exactly what you're saying, but is that £2 the deal breaker? Would a non-fan who's thinking of taking in either a Cowden or Alloa game, who looks at the price, really decide 'no' at £16 but 'aye' at £14?

To me if a person thinks "Sons v Cowden/Alloa - pfft", then they ain't gonna go.

it was more a case of perhaps a percieved lower price might attract more pay at the door punters

hasnt happened, so probably doesnt matter, but just seemed if we are raising the prices for the high prestige games - presumably based on additional security costs and the fact that there would be a full house - then perhaps we could try to attract more people to a game of less interest

Edited by aftershocker

Glad to see the concession and parent and child remain and are good value.

I ll pay the price but thats a big jump from last season.

Raiths early bird offer is 230 i think, for which they get friendlies, a full time team and other discounts from local businesses.

I ll leave their link here for anyone interested in their sales pitch.

http://www.raithrovers.net/14733/201415-season-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow.htm

Yeah, but you'd have to go to Kirkcaldy every other week and let's face it, no one wants that.

I wonder if there could be an option introduced for students where they pay half at the start of the season and half at Christmas? Would give the club some money now and also in January, should we need it.

It would be interesting to know how many student tickets were sold last year but I imagine they'll all have been flung under the concession banner and we may not be able to distinguish between them.

I agree, I suggested letting students pay in instalments a while ago as well. Something similar to what some of the music festivals do would be a good shout.

Delighted that Graham has re-signed; fantastic leader and fantastic centre half. The last thing we should be doing is moving him to right back, which would be absolute madness and there is not a chance that it will happen. We always look vulnerable when Graham is pulled out wide due to his lack of pace, so playing him there would be absurd. As others have mentioned, there are several factors that determine why we concede so many goals; the main reason being due to our style of play. I'll take 4-1 wins and the odd hammering any day over a Paul Hartley 1-0 shitfest.

Marko is a good signing for backup, and seems a good guy to have around.

I can only imagine Ewings signing means Grindlay is gone. Personally, I would have rather seen Grindlay stay because he's a club legend, and there really isn't much between either of them, ability-wise. A new first choice keeper is a must though.

Edited by FifeSons

It is a shame for the students that there is no concession but I remember when I was a student, I simply could not afford a season ticket - I still went every week, home and away and midweek reserve matches. I just paid at the gate each time.

I don't think being unable to afford a season ticket drives the real support away, they will just find a different way to pay for it.

See that sense prevails in respect of Students for Season Tickets. Fair enough if it doesn't apply to walk up prices. Thankfully the club have seen sense and reinstated it for ST's!

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1359

Edited to add link

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons