Sons' sorrow

'Sons of G60' can't handle their drink by the looks of it!

I felt fine next to the rest of them. In fairness, they had been on the skite since lunchtime and had consumed untold amounts of tequila.

This might interest all fans but BBPF especially, good luck to Paddy :)

http://www.thelangonline.org/newmanagement.htm

Out of all the players I've seen pass through Dumbarton over the years he's one of the last I expected to see go into management. Hope he does well.

Must be getting himself some experience so he's ready to step in when Murray moves on.

Good post will read again.....

Anyway was anything revealed about the new strips last night? It's not even been two days since the season finished and I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms!

i thought it was a bit wordy though….

KITS: me too! he he he… can't wait to see the new ones.

i thought it was a bit wordy though….

KITS: me too! he he he… can't wait to see the new ones.

Home kit will be similar to current one we wear, White with a gold/black/gold chest band, made by Joma though so quality of fabric should be far better.

Away kit to be Black, so I've heard.

Looking forward to seeing it too, current one is nice, retro styling but awful quality. Also hope our club "shop" gets decent amounts of stock in for a change next season. :thumsup2

Not a great deal in it but a wee thing from the Reporter about contracts.

Contract talks at the Rock

Published: 6 May 2014 13:00

Dumbarton boss Ian Murray has confirmed that talks are underway with a host of the current Sons squad as he looks to tie them down on new deals for next season.

ianmurray.jpg13993099781397331298.jpg

Share this image

Only Chris Turner and Jordan Kirkpatrick are currently signed on beyond the summer but Murray confirmed: “Now we know exactly where we are and what we’ve got we can start to move a little bit.

“We’re in early talks with some players but no finance has been discussed with anyone.

“Some guys will have to leave the club but that is like any club in any league at any level.

“We don’t want to make a lot of changes — I would be happy if we could bring in four or five good players but like anything else it will come down to finance. We just hope we have created an environment that players want to be a part of.

“We just hope that the extra £50 or £100 they might get somewhere else is offset by how well we have done with Dumbarton, how well we treat the players and how we want to progress next season.”

Two of Murray’s current squad, Mitch Megginson and Paul McGinn, have attracted the attention of a host of other clubs and Murray said: “They are excellent examples for players who get released from a full time team and they have shown how much praise and attention you will get if you dedicate yourself a little bit.

“We were honest with each other at the start of the season and I said to both of them that if they get back full time it is fantastic for them but I just asked them if they were to leave for a full time club just please make sure it is the right club for them because there is no point in them going to a club for one year and then finding themselves in the same situation again.

“They are both level headed enough to realise what might be the right club and what might not and they know that myself and Jack will give them help and advice.

“We won’t tell them nonsense — if it is the right club for them we will tell them but if it is not, we will tell them it is not but at the end of the day it is completely up to the players what they do.

“It is a catch 22 because it is great for Dumbarton and it is good for the guys if they get back to full time — it gives Dumbarton a reputation as a team who can take guys and help them get full time and that rubs off on other players who may be looking to take a step back to go up again but then on the flip side you lose two of your best players and you need to go and find two to replicate how good they are, which is difficult.”

Although Murray hopes to eventually see McGinn, Megginson and the rest of his squad playing at a higher level, the Sons boss remains hopefull that they will both remain at the Rock next season: “We have been speaking to McGinn since Christmas regarding his situation and we have been speaking to Mitch since the Aberdeen cup tie regarding his situation, so they know our thoughts on it.

“If they get the right team they go with our blessing and I hope they do fantastically well, if they leave and they’re not playing after six months and they are looking for a loan I would like to think we had a right good chance of taking them back.

“We will talk to them but at the end of the day if they want to go they will go and if they want to stay they will stay.”

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

So, in the light of this are we safe to assume that the man himself is about to commit pen to paper, or is he merely preparing the ground for Kenneth Shiels ?

Would rather Paddy Flannery (dugout sulks and all) than Shiels!

Home kit will be similar to current one we wear, White with a gold/black/gold chest band, made by Joma though so quality of fabric should be far better.

Away kit to be Black, so I've heard.

Looking forward to seeing it too, current one is nice, retro styling but awful quality. Also hope our club "shop" gets decent amounts of stock in for a change next season. :thumsup2

Never experienced any issues with the quality of the current kit tbh. I'd actually say it's good quality and I tend to wear it for sporting activities.

Never experienced any issues with the quality of the current kit tbh. I'd actually say it's good quality and I tend to wear it for sporting activities.

Sorry to disagree, but the current shirts' fabric is more akin to the low grade fake shirts that you can buy abroad on market stalls. For what its worth I think the Surridge kits we had (gold wi black pin stripes and the white one with diagonal gold & black band were cracking)

:)

Dont think we categorise games, where did you see that?

Think season books may go up a little, though the increase in league prize money makes a rise of £10 for 400 season tickets look like small change.

Dont think we categorise games, where did you see that?

Think season books may go up a little, though the increase in league prize money makes a rise of £10 for 400 season tickets look like small change.

Seen that someone had seen it on the website, just categorised the games no price yet though.

Aye it's fair enough if it goes up, established championship side now!