Sons' sorrow

Been following the awards on twitter:

Travel POTY- Paul McGinn

Sons View POTY- Chris Turner

Young player of the Year- Paul McGinn

Top Goalscorer- Mitch Megginson

Players POTY- Paul McGinn

POTY- Paul McGinn

Well deserved for McGinn, getting him signed up for next season would be magic!

Surprised Andy graham didn't get anything. Been a rock at season.

Surprised Andy graham didn't get anything. Been a rock at season.

It was between him and McGinn for me, but I thought Paul just edged it. Some game Graham had today as well, I thought. Him and Miller could be a really decent partnership.

What a season. Andy Graham deserves plaudits not only for the way he conducts himself on the pitch but for what he does off it. Tonight, he spent hours talking to fans and dancing around despite not being a drinker. I need to drink to deal with some folk down there so he's doing exceptionally well. What I like is he genuinely cares about making this club better. He wants to stay and improve our team, although him and the manager admit we don't do enough defensively they both acknowledge that sacrifice has to be made somewhere. We could be like Alloa, hard to break down and don't concede much or we can concede us much as we like and score even more. I'll take the latter every minute of every day.

Jim Lister was right, Dumbarton Football Club rule.

What a season. Andy Graham deserves plaudits not only for the way he conducts himself on the pitch but for what he does off it. Tonight, he spent hours talking to fans and dancing around despite not being a drinker. I need to drink to deal with some folk down there so he's doing exceptionally well. What I like is he genuinely cares about making this club better. He wants to stay and improve our team, although him and the manager admit we don't do enough defensively they both acknowledge that sacrifice has to be made somewhere. We could be like Alloa, hard to break down and don't concede much or we can concede us much as we like and score even more. I'll take the latter every minute of every day.

You are right about Andy. I spent a while talking to him and he seems a top bloke. The same goes for all the players and officials we spoke to including young Mr McGinn who seemed genuinely both humble and delighted with his awards haul.

Massive credit to Graham, McGinn, Turner and Fleming for hanging around til the death chatting away to fans. It was a cracking night and McGinn fully deserved his awards. Special mention to the Sonstrust for organising the evening.

But...

I'm going to be a wee bit negative here (apologies in advance). Did anyone else get the impression a large number of the players weren't all that interested in being there last night? It used to be a right occassion with all the players suited and booted making a right night of it. Last night some of them trundled in with their tracksuit on and couldn't have got out there quickly enough. I understand a lot of them live in edinburgh etc so thats fair enough but I felt last night was their time to give something back to the fans and I left feeling slightly disappointed. Maybe it's just me...

Massive credit to Graham, McGinn, Turner and Fleming for hanging around til the death chatting away to fans. It was a cracking night and McGinn fully deserved his awards. Special mention to the Sonstrust for organising the evening.

But...

I'm going to be a wee bit negative here (apologies in advance). Did anyone else get the impression a large number of the players weren't all that interested in being there last night? It used to be a right occassion with all the players suited and booted making a right night of it. Last night some of them trundled in with their tracksuit on and couldn't have got out there quickly enough. I understand a lot of them live in edinburgh etc so thats fair enough but I felt last night was their time to give something back to the fans and I left feeling slightly disappointed. Maybe it's just me...

Who did you feel disappointed in? I didn't stick around much longer after the awards as iv not been well so didn't see who left/stayed.

Who did you feel disappointed in? I didn't stick around much longer after the awards as iv not been well so didn't see who left/stayed.

No one in particular tbh just felt slightly disappointed that only 4 or 5 players hung around for more than an hour.

Just comparing it to the past events where you had the players getting on the bevy and looking like they were having a rare time. Maybe that explains why we were so dreadful in the past!

No one in particular tbh just felt slightly disappointed that only 4 or 5 players hung around for more than an hour.

Just comparing it to the past events where you had the players getting on the bevy and looking like they were having a rare time. Maybe that explains why we were so dreadful in the past!

Ahh fair enough, at least if anything it was 4 key players (in my view) that stuck about till the end.

Hoping we start dishing out the new contracts soon!

Good post will read again.....

Anyway was anything revealed about the new strips last night? It's not even been two days since the season finished and I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms!

not a thing about new strips....no mention at all about contracts, though a slightly drunk Alan Jardine did lobby Paul McGinn to sign a new deal.

Also heard 3rd hand that one of the players said Ian Murray will sign a new contract tomorrow

Round up of the night:

Ian Murray, Garry Fleming and Andy Graham will sign up, Chris Turner despises Leigh Griffiths and promises he will "destroy Ian Black" and Bryan Prunty is my hero (with distinctly small feet). Some season!

Edited by The Elephant In The Rock

Prunts told me he'll sign if a deal is offered. Mitch has loved his time but would prefer to go full time. Ian Murray swapped dug outs so he'd be closer to the linesman. Jamie Ewings thinks he's away. Christ Turner isn't as scary as he looks. Big Marko is hilarious. Can't remember anything he said, I just remember laughing a lot. Chris Kane is really shy.

That's my sum up of last night!

Prunts told me he'll sign if a deal is offered. Mitch has loved his time but would prefer to go full time. Ian Murray swapped dug outs so he'd be closer to the linesman. Jamie Ewings thinks he's away. Christ Turner isn't as scary as he looks. Big Marko is hilarious. Can't remember anything he said, I just remember laughing a lot. Chris Kane is really shy.

That's my sum up of last night!

Don't really want us to lose anyone other than those who barely feature. Fair play to Mitch if he gets a full time move but I'd be a bit disappointed if it was to another championship team.

Round up of the night:

Ian Murray, Garry Fleming and Andy Graham will sign up, Chris Turner despises Leigh Griffiths and promises he will "destroy Ian Black" and Bryan Prunty is my hero (with distinctly small feet). Some season!

"Looking forward to playing Rangers then Chris?"

"Aye, can't wait to smash that wee c**t Black".

:lol:

great season. brink of promotion. took it to the league winners in the finale.

mon eh sons!