Sons' sorrow

Agreed - keep them all. And anyway, the stats would suggest its clearly the other end of the pitch where we require squad improvement.

cant disagree that we need to try and conceded less goals, however, this IMHO is down to the style of football we play. We are set up as an attacking team.....other than Turner, we have no real holding midfielders.....Megginson and Kirkpatrick are both pretty attacking types of players

it looks to me as though we're set up to try and score more than the opposition, and to be fair, its been pretty successful

it looks to me as though we're set up to try and score more than the opposition, and to be fair, its been pretty successful

I'd rather watch an open, attack minded Dumbarton team which regularly wins 4-3 (with the occasional heavy defeat) than one which grinds out boring 1-0 victories. I'm sure you agree by the tone and content of your post.

I'd rather watch an open, attack minded Dumbarton team which regularly wins 4-3 (with the occasional heavy defeat) than one which grinds out boring 1-0 victories. I'm sure you agree by the tone and content of your post.

Completely agree. Also, the value of three points for a win, as opposed to playing with more caution and perhaps having to settle for a point shouldn't be underestimated. In any event, I don't think the current squad has the personnel that can get a lead and then shut up shop. It's a lot more fun watching a team that tries to outscore the opposition. Garry Fleming certainly isn't a player that I would want to see moving on. I think he has a combination and variety of attributes that aren't replicated by any other player in the current squad.

totally agree MR....very rare for us to get a dull game....as you say, this tactic means we can occasionally get a bit of a doing, but rest of the time its been pretty entertaining.....long may it continue

I think we were all disappointed when craig brittain left, there are players like him who you can see still offer something when the manager doesnt. Then there are the lithgows who think they can do better but dont.

I think fleming is at as high a level with us now as he ll ever reach. If we have a better option then he should be free to go with our thanks.

I wont categorize the squad here but i reckon we could see 8 or 9 departures; both voluntary and forced.

Hope we get the home end full on Saturday after tonight's events in Kirkcaldy. Things have changed in a very big way since 3pm last Saturday.

Well I'm not exactly helping matters. I'll be down south visiting, wait for it, the in-laws. This on top of missing Aberdeen due to a previously booked holiday.

Why is life so harsh?