Sons' sorrow

Is Ally a striker or attacking midfield?

I'm sure like Joe he will enjoy his time at The Blasties.

I believe he's a striker but when he's played for us it's usually been wide left. He's a skillful player, hope he does well and comes back stronger. Sitting on the bench was doing him no favours.

Notice that someone has put up a couple of hundred photos of past dumbarton in the window of the old coop on dumbarton high street.

Included is an excellent colour photo of 1970/71 dumbarton team . Also there is a picture of the team of murdo mcleod. Also a copy of the programme from league cup semi with Celtic 1970.

Have a look you might.see yourself from forty years ago.

"Hopefully by the end of today I'll be able to add to the squad before the transfer window closes as we need cover due to injuries and suspensions."

Looks like Jim White might have to spend the day outside the BBS. Hopefully Kane signs an extension til the end of the season..

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Two solid bits of business today from the Murraymaster. The loan extension of Kane is a huge boost which although expected is still great to hear. I also think the loan signing of a promising Celtic youth player who can play/cover both centre half and at full-back will only add strength and robustness to the squad.

Can see us winning the league now. All aboard the promotion bus. Beep beep.

Two solid bits of business today from the Murraymaster. The loan extension of Kane is a huge boost which although expected is still great to hear. I also think the loan signing of a promising Celtic youth player who can play/cover both centre half and at full-back will only add strength and robustness to the squad.

Can see us winning the league now. All aboard the promotion bus. Beep beep.

Aye, I was just saying in work the other day how different the approaches of Murrinho and Shiels have been; Murray managed initially to get more out of the existing squad before making changes whilst Shiels has spun the revolving door big-time from the word go.

IMO asking players to suddenly gel is a very risky business, especially as some of them don' t look to be genuine top drawer in the first place. Whatever, I'm delighted with the squad we currently have, and the cover available.

Aye, I was just saying in work the other day how different the approaches of Murrinho and Shiels have been; Murray managed initially to get more out of the existing squad before making changes whilst Shiels has spun the revolving door big-time from the word go.

IMO asking players to suddenly gel is a very risky business, especially as some of them don' t look to be genuine top drawer in the first place. Whatever, I'm delighted with the squad we currently have, and the cover available.

I think it shows how much the board are backing Murray. He's had some questionable signings but after seeing how they went after the first few games the board backed him to change it. Now we've got ourselves in the lofty heights of 4th place they've backed him again in the hope of finishing higher than we first anticipated and gaining from the extra prize money. Credit to the board and Murray. I think Kane seems the perfect partner for Nish and over the last few games Nish has been excellent. With competition for places all over the pitch now it should keep everyone at their best.

Noticed that today Ross Forbes signed for Dunfermline. He is definitely a player I'd have welcomed back into our squad. Even with the depth we have.

Anyway, I'm pretty buzzing since Kano has signed on til the end of the season! Have to agree that he has brought out the best in Nish as well. Roll on tomorrow :)

After 5 games what's everyone's opinion on Kane? I've never seen him play but I know he's held in high regard at saints and with May more than likely leaving in the summer do we have a ready made replacement?

Feeling amongst the support is overwhelmingly positive.

He's a predator: 6 goals/5 games.

He's also a work horse with a seemingly endless amount of energy to chase and harry the opposition.

He's also an intelligent player who employs neat touches and is very aware of where his team-mates are on the pitch.

You've potentially got yourselves a real player.

Feeling amongst the support is overwhelmingly positive.

He's a predator: 6 goals/5 games.

He's also a work horse with a seemingly endless amount of energy to chase and harry the opposition.

He's also an intelligent player who employs neat touches and is very aware of where his team-mates are on the pitch.

You've potentially got yourselves a real player.

Aye, young Kane certainly looks the part and it is very unusual to see a 5'9" striker be so effective. One of my mates said at Cowden that he reminded him of the young Ian Wallace in the way he never gives the back four (and keeper) a minutes peace, never mind his homing instinct for goals. The older generation will recognise this as high praise indeed.

He also (so far anyway) converted big Nish from a moderately ugly duckling into a swan.

Aye, young Kane certainly looks the part and it is very unusual to see a 5'9" striker be so effective. One of my mates said at Cowden that he reminded him of the young Ian Wallace in the way he never gives the back four (and keeper) a minutes peace, never mind his homing instinct for goals. The older generation will recognise this as high praise indeed.

He also (so far anyway) converted big Nish from a moderately ugly duckling into a swan.

definitely agree he has built up a great understanding with Nish very quickly. You can see him anticipating Nish's knock ons and headers, and he has a lot of pace.

not sure if the facts support this, but he has seemed to score quite a few late on in games.....perhaps as defences tire?

definitely agree he has built up a great understanding with Nish very quickly. You can see him anticipating Nish's knock ons and headers, and he has a lot of pace.

not sure if the facts support this, but he has seemed to score quite a few late on in games.....perhaps as defences tire?

3 out of his 6 goals have come in the last 10 minutes, 4 out of 6 in the last 20 minutes.

I like him a lot. He's not dissimilar to Prunty in fact, works hard and is a good finisher but I think Kane's instinct in front of goal is far better. He's also pretty good in the air, 2 of his goals being headers so far. I think he'll be a cracking player. Hopefully he fires us into the quarters of the Scottish on Saturday.