Sons' sorrow

We will not be promoted this season. However, for the sake of filling a boring Wednesday mid-morning:-

Yes, ticket prices would go up. I'd imagine the club would explore converting to full-time status, as no team has been part-time in the top flight since the 80s.

Yes, the squad would be reassembled, with the best kept on and the others replaced by better quality. Basically the same thing that we do every summer.

I think I'm right in saying that when the new SPFL reforms happened in summer 2013 they scrapped the need to have a minimum stadium size, so we would be fine to play at our own existing ground, though perhaps the club would explore extending it using temporary stands to increase revenue from the increased crowds that promotion would bring.

Anyone who doesn't want to get promoted is mental. That's the very essence of footballing support. I believed that after we won the playoffs 2 seasons ago that we would come up to this division and get thumped every week, but I was still delighted to be promoted. The ups and downs are all part of the fun.

remember, i did say, "...putting the cart before the horse..."

;)

Anyone noticed that ever since Pachy started supporting the Sons we've had pretty much non-stop success? We'll need to get him over here for the run in and rub his belly for good luck.

i have, yes.

heard an interesting interview with Tommy Wright last night, basically saying that if he doesnt lose Stevie May and is able to bring in another striker, then he is keen to have Chris Kane extend his contract with us

"Should Saints complete their two proposed signings, forward Chris Kane's loan at Dumbarton is likely to be extended.

"If he comes off my bench five, six times between now and the end of the season and gets 50 minutes then I might have a question mark over whether he can start for me next season," explained Wright.

"But, if he goes to Dumbarton, plays between now and the end of the season, bangs in goals and gets experience then I know I'll have a player that'll be ready to play for me at the start of next season."

sounds good to me

Edited by aftershocker

Johnnies have just announced they've signed Chris "surely he can't miss from there" Iwelumo until the end of the season. Positive news for us in our hopes of keeping young Kane.

Wright more or less confirmed last night on Sportsound that, as long as we got our striker, Kane's loan would be extended.

As well as this signing, we've also knocked back a £500k + sell on clause and add ons taking it to a million bid for Stevie May.

I'd expect the extension to be announced in the not too distant future.

Edited by Kyle

I've always suspected that Murray saw him as one for the future so took a gamble to see how he'd develop.

Yeah, I agree that's what he was thinking but I just don't understand what he saw in him to take the gamble. Anyway, I imagine this wages being freed up for the other defender we're after, which is good news.

I see it doesn't mention whether it's a loan or a transfer. Presumably it's a loan until the end of the current season when his Dumbarton contract expires.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Murray wanted to get Joe Coleman and Owen out on loan for some game time. I get the feeling Ronald may break the trend of players going out on loan never to return to the club. Think Murray might still see him as 'one for the future'. Have to agree though, a bit baffling.