Sons' sorrow

The Dumbarton Terrace has an interview with Murray up. Says he's looking to get Owen Ronald and Ally McKerracher out on loan to get them games. Hopes to bring in another defender and us holding on to Chris Kane for the season is down to whether St. Johnstone hold on to Stevie May. No more midfielders or attackers in this window, I assume that may change if we don't hold on to Kane.

Quite funny actually! Seeing the suggestion of changing the thread title and I decided to have a look back at the first few comments. How wrong so many people were :) myself included as I thought we would finish bottom at the time. Can't multi quote on my phone but to it is quite an entertaining read.

What happened to the Dumbarton team that bitchslapped Airdrie in the playoffs?

They are now miles better than yous.

Are they aye? :lol:

dumbarton fans cant really moan that much this season, punching well above there weight

:lol:

Dumbarton are a Second Division club having a one year stint in the First Division. Not many fans expected promotion last year so when they did, I'm sure they knew this type of season was going to occur. They are a small club who don't have a huge fan base, making it difficult to spend money on players to improve their squad because the income they are receiving just isn't enough. They'll be a club who will yo-yo between the First and Second for the foreseeable future, but for now, they have to dig in deep and endure a long second half of the season.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dumbo fans are deluded.

Mid table 2nd div side who got lucky in the playoffs. Was always going to be a struggle. Better sides than them didnt get promoted.

:1eye

That was good fun,proving people wrong is pretty satisfying!

probably putting the cart before the horse on this but...

we are sat 4th in the table as of saturday, what happens if we win promotion ?

will ticket prices go up?

will our squad be dismantled wholesale?

will big clubs, celtic, etc etc, actually come and play at our house or will they insist on finding a bigger venue?

will our house remain the same?

do any of you lot not want to gain promotion?

if these are tender arguments feel free to pm me. otherwise let 'er rip...

probably putting the cart before the horse on this but...

we are sat 4th in the table as of saturday, what happens if we win promotion ?

will ticket prices go up?

will our squad be dismantled wholesale?

will big clubs, celtic, etc etc, actually come and play at our house or will they insist on finding a bigger venue?

will our house remain the same?

do any of you lot not want to gain promotion?

if these are tender arguments feel free to pm me. otherwise let 'er rip...

We will not be promoted this season. However, for the sake of filling a boring Wednesday mid-morning:-

Yes, ticket prices would go up. I'd imagine the club would explore converting to full-time status, as no team has been part-time in the top flight since the 80s.

Yes, the squad would be reassembled, with the best kept on and the others replaced by better quality. Basically the same thing that we do every summer.

I think I'm right in saying that when the new SPFL reforms happened in summer 2013 they scrapped the need to have a minimum stadium size, so we would be fine to play at our own existing ground, though perhaps the club would explore extending it using temporary stands to increase revenue from the increased crowds that promotion would bring.

Anyone who doesn't want to get promoted is mental. That's the very essence of footballing support. I believed that after we won the playoffs 2 seasons ago that we would come up to this division and get thumped every week, but I was still delighted to be promoted. The ups and downs are all part of the fun.