Sons' sorrow

A weird one for me. He didn't look great when he got a chance. But in comparison to quite a few players we have had/still have in the Dumbarton team, he didn't get very many chances. Best I witnessed him playing was vs Dundee United in the cup.

Shame really but best wishes to him. Wonder if we will see his wage spent elsewhere?

Apparently Kevin Smith was well rated on ability by fans at previous clubs but the guy has had lots of injury problems, and possibly like Nicky Phinn he has struggled to regain his mojo. The problem is that you need consistent game time to get fully back to speed and these two guys have become caught in a situation where if they can't perform pdq then they will remain on the fringes.

With Nish, Prunts and Garry already on the books and now Chris Kane on loan Kevin had fallen way down the striking order. We wish him well, and I really hope this signals that we are able to hold on to young Kane until May as well as freeing up space/wages for a defender.

I always felt the Smith signing was a bit of a panic/gamble by Murrinho but to his great credit he's made very few of them in his time here.

Apparently Kevin Smith was well rated on ability by fans at previous clubs but the guy has had lots of injury problems, and possibly like Nicky Phinn he has struggled to regain his mojo. The problem is that you need consistent game time to get fully back to speed and these two guys have become caught in a situation where if they can't perform pdq then they will remain on the fringes.

With Nish, Prunts and Garry already on the books and now Chris Kane on loan Kevin had fallen way down the striking order. We wish him well, and I really hope this signals that we are able to hold on to young Kane until May as well as freeing up space/wages for a defender.

I always felt the Smith signing was a bit of a panic/gamble by Murrinho but to his great credit he's made very few of them in his time here.

If Kane's getting games, we'll be more than happy to extend the loan. That's the number one priority for us. He looks a right good prospect, just needs the game time to reinforce that. I wouldn't be too surprised if he went back on loan for the first half of next season, if that suited Dumbarton obviously.

If Kane's getting games, we'll be more than happy to extend the loan. That's the number one priority for us. He looks a right good prospect, just needs the game time to reinforce that. I wouldn't be too surprised if he went back on loan for the first half of next season, if that suited Dumbarton obviously.

I didn't really know your current striking options but I was worried that if Kane played well he may be recalled at the end of this month, it's encouraging to know that you guys look likely to keep him out on loan. I've only seen his short performance against Morton but bagging 2 goals from around 80 minutes of football is a pretty fucking good start.

I didn't really know your current striking options but I was worried that if Kane played well he may be recalled at the end of this month, it's encouraging to know that you guys look likely to keep him out on loan. I've only seen his short performance against Morton but bagging 2 goals from around 80 minutes of football is a pretty fucking good start.

Yeah I was at the Morton game too. He was very quiet after he came on, but scored.. if that's his only contribution to a match, at least it's a telling one! We saw the difference 18 months out on loan made to May's development, I can see Wright going a similar way with Kane and I think a part-time club playing in the first division (hopefully) is perfect for what Wright is looking for. He plays at a good level and can train most of the week with us too.

We only really have May and Hasselbaink available to us up top at the moment. We've signed Michael O'Halloran who can play there too, and are trying to sign David Goodwillie on loan until the end of the season. We've got Rory Fallon too, but he's woeful so doesn't really count. It might depend on whether we get Goodwillie (or indeed another target - press rumours have us in for Jason Scotland too) but I think he'll stay at Dumbarton, if Dumbarton want to extend the loan.

Edited by Kyle

Fingers crossed we can keep him then. Murray was quoted as saying it could depend on St Johnstone holding onto Stevie May during January, any word on potential bids for him?

Best of luck to Smith but I'm glad to see Murray has released him thus freeing up a wage for a defender. Would like to see his namesake leave with him due to his clear fitness issues. If we manage to secure another defender then there is no real need for us to hold onto Scott and we may need to reinforce the bench if he gets any bigger. Phinn is another I'd be happy to see the back of.

We should also be looking to send young McKerracher out on loan, from what I've seen he looks a cracking prospect that's wasting away sitting on the bench week in week out. He'd really benefit from some game time which disappointingly isn't likely to happen with us.

Fingers crossed we can keep him then. Murray was quoted as saying it could depend on St Johnstone holding onto Stevie May during January, any word on potential bids for him?

Best of luck to Smith but I'm glad to see Murray has released him thus freeing up a wage for a defender. Would like to see his namesake leave with him due to his clear fitness issues. If we manage to secure another defender then there is no real need for us to hold onto Scott and we may need to reinforce the bench if he gets any bigger. Phinn is another I'd be happy to see the back of.

We should also be looking to send young McKerracher out on loan, from what I've seen he looks a cracking prospect that's wasting away sitting on the bench week in week out. He'd really benefit from some game time which disappointingly isn't likely to happen with us.

May has said himself that he wants to stay until at least the summer, so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about there. We've not had any bids yet I don't think, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. There's a few cynics saying we're looking at the 'bigger names' like Goodwillie and Scotland to try and soften to the blow of losing May, but I don't think that's the case to be honest.

This season it has to be Ewings. To be honest it is an old argument which splits the support. But based on his performances this year it has to be Ewings. I don't think there is much between them as they are both decent shot stoppers, Grindlay is prone to mistakes at crosses. Jamie isn't unfamiliar to mistakes himself. Would be nice to get a good keeper in - I thought we would have in the summer last year - but I can't see that happening at least until the end of this season.

This season it has to be Ewings. To be honest it is an old argument which splits the support. But based on his performances this year it has to be Ewings. I don't think there is much between them as they are both decent shot stoppers, Grindlay is prone to mistakes at crosses. Jamie isn't unfamiliar to mistakes himself. Would be nice to get a good keeper in - I thought we would have in the summer last year - but I can't see that happening at least until the end of this season.

Ewings has impressed me this season...yes....he has had the odd poor kick out, but always feel keepers get a hard time for these type of things....strikers miss easy chances......midfielders give the ball away cheaply.....defenders hoof the ball up to no-one...this is the Championship not La Liga

always felt Grindlay was the slightly better shot stopper, but never commands his 6 yard box

I also suspect there are not many other teams in this league who's keepers don't make the odd gaffe