Sons' sorrow

Or read the game well enough that his pace isn't too important, like Graham.

I kind of feel that we might struggle if neither centre half had any pace....as you say Andy Graham gets away with it because he reads the game so well, but if we had another slow centre half in there, we might get caught more often

Scott Smith has played not too bad at cventre half, but surely wont do for the rest of the season

Or read the game well enough that his pace isn't too important, like Graham.

I love Andy Graham, think he is a quality defender, and rouletter, he reads the game really well. However, two Andy Grahams would not work, he has been bailed out a few times by Barry's pace this season and Lithgow last season.

It's just not that important. If both of our centre halves can read a game then they don't need pace to make up for their lack of positional sense. If we can get a quick centre half who can read the game then smashing but I'd rather we had a footballer than someone who was quick.

What's the deal with the Lennox Herald's dreadful coverage of Sons games/news etc?

The defeat of Hamilton last week should have been all over the back page but all we got was a tiny square in the top corner. Infact we've not had the full back page for a long time. A singular page inside isn't really good enough when we used to get about 4 pages, pull outs etc.

Lets petrol bomb the b*****ds.

What's the deal with the Lennox Herald's dreadful coverage of Sons games/news etc?

The defeat of Hamilton last week should have been all over the back page but all we got was a tiny square in the top corner. Infact we've not had the full back page for a long time. A singular page inside isn't really good enough when we used to get about 4 pages, pull outs etc.

Cut backs.

Ps if you want to petrol bomb them you need to go to the Daily Record offices at Pacific Quay on Glasgow as they're based there now.

I was listening to Ian Murray on the radio before our game on Saturday and he said that due to the squads in the Premiership being so small, we will struggle to get any 'fringe players' and would have to bring in very young guys on loan. A striker and at least one centre half is a must; always risky relying on players with such little experience in defence.

Doubt he would want to, but I'd take Paul Nugent back if he's been keeping fit/playing.

Our intrepid Sons reporter for the Lennox is no longer with them. He does, however, keep his usual sterling standard of Dumbarton FC reporting up with his excellent blog, The Dumbarton Terrace.

Nuggets playing with the vale, as read in the lennox. Young joe seems to doing well with kilbirnie, but he is only 17 or so.

Seen on the dfc os that murray is looking to sort out loans in and out this week, is niff and joe our only exports?

Nuggets playing with the vale, as read in the lennox. Young joe seems to doing well with kilbirnie, but he is only 17 or so.

Seen on the dfc os that murray is looking to sort out loans in and out this week, is niff and joe our only exports?

Nah, we've also got the goal machine that is Owen Ronald on loan at Berwick. :-s

I hear that Murray has a couple of options to sign a centre back for tomorrow.

If push came to shove though would Nish be worth a try at CB? He wouldn't be the first centre forward to make that switch. There's always the option of Jack Ross pulling on a shirt too.

Dumbarton have signed Saints' young striker Chris Kane on loan for a month initially, with it extended through to the end of the season if it suits.

He's scored 21 goals in 18 games for our U20s this season. It's sometimes difficult to judge players when they are playing at age levels but my impression of him has been of a good penalty box player who is also strong with his back to goal.