Sons' sorrow

Any sons fans heard of the lad Gerard Lunday who just signed for them couple days ago. Ex Dundee United Centre Half I work with the boys uncle. Don't know if he will play 1st team or reserves or something but the boy is capped for Scotland at Youth level so he must be a decent prospect.

Must be in the u19s or something as his signing hasn't even been mentioned

I watched him a lot when he was at Killie and he was often a figure of critiscism. Then when Boyd and Naismith moved on he became the main striker and was pretty good in 2007/08 and a regular scorer, leading to a £100k move to Hibs in the January when his contract was running down and he had already signed a pre-contract with Hibs. Don't know much about how he got on at Hibs, but over his career he's averaged a little under a goal every 4 games. My memory of watching him for the Blues is that though he's tall, he isn't the best in the air and prefers the ball to feet. He might do OK and definitely gives us another option up top that's different from our existing strikers. I think it's a decent signing and I'm glad he'll be coaching too, as it shows that even though we are part-time, we can offer players a deal that suits them.

Those looking for him to be a Jim Lister replacement will probably be disappointed. Lister was great in the air, very physical and deceptively quick. Nish maybe has a wee bit more skill with the ball than Lister, but he's not the battering ram that Jim was and he's not particularly quick.

I think it remains to be seen if it's good business or not.

Time will tell but if anything he will add a bit of much needed experience to the squad. We don't have many players with experience at a higher level and that's something Nish can offer. I thnk we can slot this in the 'decent signing' category for the time being. I've not been impressed with what Kevin Smith has offered so far so Nish is a welcome addition in that he'll offer us another alternative. What Murray needs to do now is decide what his frst choice attacking line-up is and give the one or two players concerned a run of games to build a decent partnership.

my post seems to have been lost, I was surprised by the news yesterday and remain fairly so today. My guess is the coaching part may actually be having more of an appeal than the playing side as I don't really know if we were going to be in the market for another striker. As Pete said he's not great in the air, nor particularly quick but then again neither was Dargo who had a worse goalscoring record before he arrived, time will tell on this one

Shuggie Murray signing on loan till January.

Excellent signing.

Another interesting signing. Does wee shug have a bit of a poor disciplinary record, or am I thinking of someone else?

From wiki: "Murray ran towards the edge of the 18-yard box to control the ball with his head. He not only did this, but managed to juggle the ball on his head past the defence, then stroke the ball past the keeper". Against the Bankies no less. :thumsup2