Sons' sorrow

Would like to see Megginson and Fleming, reckon they would make a decent combo.

Starting to get frustrating seeing Megginson shifted out wide. His pace could cause some serious damage and he was banging them in during pre season. My only worry is that he's far more effective coming off the bench when the opposition are starting to tire.

Do I sense a Derek Carcary comparison?

i.m not sayin graham is terrible. very slow and very lucky on sat. he does get better as season goes on. smith does need time but i need to see him winning more 50/50 challenges. i think fleming is immense too but i just wish murray would stop subbing him first

i.m not sayin graham is terrible. very slow and very lucky on sat. he does get better as season goes on. smith does need time but i need to see him winning more 50/50 challenges. i think fleming is immense too but i just wish murray would stop subbing him first

That lucky he got Man of The match, The effort he put on Saturday was one of a true captain. Andy Graham is Mr Dumbarton.

I thought Falkirk dominated us in the air on Sat which is a worry, no flash and his 50 yard headers now, though saying that Barry looks not bad in the air

to be fair...Falkirk were a big team...one of the centre halfs (the one with the quiff?) must have been about 6 foot 6

i didnt think Fleming had a particularly good game on saturday, so IMHO subbing him then was the right option

i didnt think Fleming had a particularly good game on saturday, so IMHO subbing him then was the right option

He wasn't great but Smith was worse. Smith did however go on to set up the goal so suppose Murray made the right call.

At the time I remember being annoyed by his decision to take Fleming off and leave Smith on.

Muzz out.

smith done nothing up front the the whole game , never won a header and never held the ball up once , sure he chested the ball on for prunts to score but that apart nothing else , garry fleming should be played up top as at least he can hold the ball up with his strength and give centre halfs a tough time as he is more physical than smith , I fancy meggson and fleming with mcdougal and gills suppling the amo

Never been a fan of andy graham. Barry plays on a different level and could readily play in our premier league. Centre halves like Donald.macneill and Paul Martin were much better than big Andy who I would put in the same class as ian dobbins.

Gary fleming is a useful player but he cannot play the jim lister role as he does not win headers or hold.the ball as big Jim did. Gary is better playing of the main striker

The problem with Brian prunty is that he is a very good poacher but he does not lead the line like big Jim did. Hopefully Kevin smith will.improve as

the.season progresses.

On the whole the team look reasonably strong and have the players to keep us up.

I'm trying to help the guy who does the Scottish files for Football Manager out, basically the file from last year's game hasn't really been touched and anyone who has went the sons in fm13 should know they were beyond crap.

So just looking for some opinions on players really, who would you say are our top 5 players? would most of you agree that based on what has been seen so far most of the squad outside of these guys and the youth guys looks fairly even really?

replies will be met with greenies and any mention of goalkeepers ratings will result in broken teeth

Edited by Clarko_son

Turner, McGinn, Gilhaney and Agnew are probably our best 4. McDougall on his day is also up there closely followed by Fleming, Graham and Scott Smith.

Barry obviously looks a good prospect but he's only played 2 solid games so far so hard to judge (according to some he's ready to compete in the SPL). Megginson also looks decent but apart from pre season he's only made a couple of appearances from the bench so again hard to judge.

Kevin Smith should be a good player for us but hasn't shown much to convince me thus far.

That's pretty much what I've put for the top lot, only issues are I can't have any influence over Barry, Megginson (who's rated pretty highly) and Kevin Smith because the ratings are decided purely on what they were like the season before.

Most players will see an increase in ability from last season anyway, though I'm not sure about actual specific skills

Instead of all this negativity about the squad our fans should be backing them to the hilt. The management are obviously working within a budget and blowing cash (I assume we don't have) on players for a quick fix, which given the fact that we have only played one competitive match in the league and not lost a game should be encouraging.

I think we have some of the worst fans who are constantly down on the team and I am sure if some of the players read this message board must wonder why they play for us. It is the same sitting in the stand hearing moaners rather than praising them. I don't see other teams getting as much grief from their fans.

Murray and his management team worked wonders last season and this should have been enough for the fans to have faith in him and his selection for this season.

Come on guys get behind the team and who knows what will happen, the season has only just begun.

Can't believe what I read on here at times, wonder what games people watch sometimes.

Also can't believe that Andy Graham is getting stick on here, he's was our one out standouts last season when we turned it around, his performance away at Morton particularly stands out.