Sons' sorrow

Was the issue not to do with toilet access or something? I'd inagine if both sets of fans are allowed into the bar for under 20 games then both sets of fans will be situated in the home end.

Something like that, which is why it's a stupid rule. The club have the impression that away fans would infiltrate our support if we let them use the same toilets completely ignoring the fact that away fans like to sit with other away fans so that they can make it bit more noise. The logistics of it can be overcome but the club don't seem willing to do that.

I don't go to the bar on match days, I get a nicer pint, the early kick off on the TV and the chance to mingle with away fans in the Stags. I understand Sky can be costly for the club and if that's not possible then fair enough, the other two are achievable and I'd go down there more often if those were catered for.

I take it the stag's isn't still the "I don't like the look of you/know you, yer no gettin served" way it used to be then? admittedly this was years ago but as you can see it's clearly scarred me

I take it the stag's isn't still the "I don't like the look of you/know you, yer no gettin served" way it used to be then? admittedly this was years ago but as you can see it's clearly scarred me

New owners, none of the previous issues with the owner are experienced these days.

Stags is absolutely fine these days. Much more laid back and allow football colours. The atmosphere is always good before a game and at £2.55 a pint it must be one of the cheapest around.

Don't want to discourage fans from using the stadium bar but the appeal of mingling with away supporters and watching the lunch time kick offs means i'll be sticking with the Stags for the foreseeable.

Don't want to discourage fans from using the stadium bar but the appeal of mingling with away supporters and watching the lunch time kick offs means i'll be sticking with the Stags for the foreseeable.

I go because it's there and saves having to move too far to get to your seat but it's hardly an ideal place to go pre-match. Flat beer which is ever so slightly off tasting, isn't cheap, nothing on the big massive screen they have. Yes, they have tried to improve it but it just never ever feels welcoming at all

I go because it's there and saves having to move too far to get to your seat but it's hardly an ideal place to go pre-match. Flat beer which is ever so slightly off tasting, isn't cheap, nothing on the big massive screen they have. Yes, they have tried to improve it but it just never ever feels welcoming at all

It's a great facility we have and it's a shame we can't use it to it's full potential.

I don't if the club actually profits from bar at all? I think i'd be more inclined to use it if I knew the club seen the benefit. If there's a cheaper, nicer pint along the road then I wont be paying extra to line the caterers pocket. Think the caterer just pays a yearly rental fee.

I've never been a fan of the Stags but I only continued to use the stadium bar out of convenience. By the sound of things it's time to give the Stags another go.

Ive warned them about you and you're still not welcome. They hunt non natives like you out the door

Ive warned them about you and you're still not welcome. They hunt non natives like you out the door

They fucking did the last time I was in, though that was probably me and Smurph's own fault for buying four bottles of beer and then taking off out the door with them to drink them on the train, with the barmaid in tow shouting about losing their licence :lol:

Squad numbers for the new season:

1. Stephen Grindlay 2. Paul McGinn 3. Scott Smith 4. Andy Graham 5. Aaron Barry 6. Chris Turner 7. Mark Gilhaney 8. Scott Agnew 9. Mitch Megginson 10. Kevin Smith 11. Stephen McDougall 12. Bryan Prunty 14. Garry Fleming 16. Scott Linton 18.Martin McNiff 19. Jamie Ewings 20. Jack Ross 21. Josh Horne 22. Josh Lumsden 23. Joe Coleman 24. Ally McKerracher 26. Ian Murray

Very surprised with Megginson getting number 9 and Grindlay getting number 1.

Squad numbers for the new season:

1. Stephen Grindlay 2. Paul McGinn 3. Scott Smith 4. Andy Graham 5. Aaron Barry 6. Chris Turner 7. Mark Gilhaney 8. Scott Agnew 9. Mitch Megginson 10. Kevin Smith 11. Stephen McDougall 12. Bryan Prunty 14. Garry Fleming 16. Scott Linton 18.Martin McNiff 19. Jamie Ewings 20. Jack Ross 21. Josh Horne 22. Josh Lumsden 23. Joe Coleman 24. Ally McKerracher 26. Ian Murray

Very surprised with Megginson getting number 9 and Grindlay getting number 1.

Why?