Sons' sorrow

From my son:

Go to the ea fifa website and go into the web apps. Sign in with your ea account and click on creation centre. Go to the teams section and search for "dumbarton". Then bookmark the team by clicking on the team and then the bookmark team button. Next time you sign in on your console go to customize fifa, then chose creation centre. Just select the team from the menu and it will start downloading. Be sure to turn the match day squad updates off in the team selection and scroll to the creation centre section. From there simply select the team and play! I think you can use them in career and tournaments but I'm not sure how.

it is a bit involved.

Top Man thanks.

Exciting game! No doubt it will be all ticket affair.

Not sure if it'll be all ticket. A good mate of mine is an Arab and doesn't think United would take the 7-800 on a Tuesday night they'd need to for it to be ticketed.

Should be a decent crowd though, and a welcome boost to the club's coffers.

With the gate money being split I don't imagine we'll make all that much but still a welcome boost and will be more than a regular home game with season tickets not being valid.

Hopefully Utd bring a decent crowd and the home end is a bit busier than usual. I'd imagine if it was a Saturday it would be close to a sell out. Really looking forward to it and hopeful that we can get a wee draw then do them at Tannadice.

Are the board fucking mental allowing those old firm maniacs that wrecked firhill use our ground? I understand that the financial gains would be significant but for the hassle and wear on the pitch is it worth it?

Edited by the snudge

Are the board fucking mental allowing those old firm maniacs that wrecked firhill use our ground? I understand that the financial gains would be significant but for the hassle and wear on the pitch is it worth it?

I hope they get cash upfront from Sevco....

Agreed, and free entry will only encourage more dregs to turn up.

Thankfully the stadium isn't big enough to host an u20s old firm match

My biggest fear is how our pitch will cope. I've been saying for a while that the quality has deteriorated over the last 5 seasons, can only see this making it ten times worse.

Can't really complain with the club looking to bring in extra revenue as long as it doesn't affect the quality of football that can be played on the Bet Butler pitch.

With the gate money being split I don't imagine we'll make all that much but still a welcome boost and will be more than a regular home game with season tickets not being valid.

Hopefully Utd bring a decent crowd and the home end is a bit busier than usual. I'd imagine if it was a Saturday it would be close to a sell out. Really looking forward to it and hopeful that we can get a wee draw then do them at Tannadice.

Aye a wee draw here then skud them at tannadice

If the game at the Rock finishes level it will go straight to ET.

Agreed, and free entry will only encourage more dregs to turn up.

Thankfully the stadium isn't big enough to host an u20s old firm match

And bar facilities available to ALL fans? Won't the home and away fans end up battering each other to death with empty pint glasses?!

And bar facilities available to ALL fans? Won't the home and away fans end up battering each other to death with empty pint glasses?!

It doesn't actually say that on the OS but it is clearly the implication. If that is the case i will be very interested to hear how the relevant authority (whether it is the Council,the police or the club) can justify both sets of fans being allowed in for a Rangers game but not for a Dumbarton game

It doesn't actually say that on the OS but it is clearly the implication. If that is the case i will be very interested to hear how the relevant authority (whether it is the Council,the police or the club) can justify both sets of fans being allowed in for a Rangers game but not for a Dumbarton game

It's the club that don't allow it. We've done it for a couple of games in the past (Albion Rovers being one, think Arbroath have been allowed in and possibly Clyde as well), I don't think it's off of police advice. It's a stupid rule that means we don't maximise income in the bar. I know the trust push the club for it but it's met with a massive no each time. The amount of away fans last year in the Stags before games (and I imagine the bowling club/Counting House/Clipper) was quite substantial and that is money that the club could have had. The trust do a lot to entice folk down there but I think until the draught beer is better and away fans are allowed in we're not getting the most out of it.

I don't go to the bar on match days, I get a nicer pint, the early kick off on the TV and the chance to mingle with away fans in the Stags. I understand Sky can be costly for the club and if that's not possible then fair enough, the other two are achievable and I'd go down there more often if those were catered for.