Sons' sorrow

I remember that goal as well. It was a fee kick about 3 yards from the centre line in our half when he took it. A joy to behold it was. He was part of a great team we had then. He went to Rangers then Partick where if I recall he was manager for a short time. Another character of the game will be sadly missed.

The free kick was for offside and so ought to have been indirect. Colin hoofed* it up into the box and it skited on the mud into the goal without touching anyone. The ref gave the goal.

*Verb chosen carefully for those of you who are old enough to remember his nickname.

The free kick was for offside and so ought to have been indirect. Colin hoofed* it up into the box and it skited on the mud into the goal without touching anyone. The ref gave the goal.

*Verb chosen carefully for those of you who are old enough to remember his nickname.

Aye, very sad for everyone who remembers him and were of that generation.

Nobody who was there can ever forget that goal. I was discussing it this weekend with some of us who were at that game.

We were 2-0 down, start of the second half and that started the comeback - we went on to win 5-2.

For any Dumbarton fans who might be interested, there was a full colour programme printed for last weeks match away to the Bankies which had to be postponed and switched at the last minute. If anyone wants one pm me and I'll get it sorted, they cost £1.50 each and I've got about 50 left as our own fans bought some from me as well.

How did you download it?

From my son:

Go to the ea fifa website and go into the web apps. Sign in with your ea account and click on creation centre. Go to the teams section and search for "dumbarton". Then bookmark the team by clicking on the team and then the bookmark team button. Next time you sign in on your console go to customize fifa, then chose creation centre. Just select the team from the menu and it will start downloading. Be sure to turn the match day squad updates off in the team selection and scroll to the creation centre section. From there simply select the team and play! I think you can use them in career and tournaments but I'm not sure how.

it is a bit involved.

Edited by Pachyderm I