Sons' sorrow

Scott Linton is a proven decent 1st division player. Martin McNiff is not good enough to play in the first division. I wouldn't be surprised to see McNiff loaned out again,but people saying we should loan out Linton after 1 competitive game is ludicrous.

Nobody who played at the wknd will feature.

A mixture of u17's and supporters should see us good for the win I reckon.

Cheers! I'm like an unfit, less ginger Owen Ronald, can I play?

I don't think Linton is a bad player, technical he is very decent, he has a great touch. However, I don't think he is solid enough defensively, albeit a step up from Creaney. When he attacks he takes ages to get back, and he gets stuck up the pitch when they are on the break, and doesn't put too much effort into getting back.

Having seen that you haven't witnessed our only competitive game so far (I also missed the game) I think it's a bit harsh to be criticising him at this point. I'd argue that it's our holding midfield player that has to cover full-backs should they get caught out up the pitch. Can't say I've witnessed a lack of effort from him either.

Dumbarton fans are mongos.

Naw am urnae.

Scott Linton is a proven decent 1st division player. Martin McNiff is not good enough to play in the first division. I wouldn't be surprised to see McNiff loaned out again,but people saying we should loan out Linton after 1 competitive game is ludicrous.

You seem to be comparing McNiff and Linton. No one claimed McNiff is better than Linton.

Linton is a good player, but I feel he isn't good enough defensively to be our first choice left back.

You seem to be comparing McNiff and Linton. No one claimed McNiff is better than Linton.

Linton is a good player, but I feel he isn't good enough defensively to be our first choice left back.

But you're basing that on what? Two/three pre-season games? It remains to be seen if Linton is a better option at left back than Smith.

Let's all agree that Murray will be fully aware of our defensive limitations and will have a solution in mind. Whether or not we can get in a suitable player before Falkirk turn up at the rock we'll just have to wait ans see, but we are where we are.

Let's at least get the season underway before we start with the negativity. Would make a nice change

Glad we're giving Linton plenty of time to settle in. FWIW, he's ten times the player McNiff is.

Linton will be a good player for us, there is absolutely no chance he will be loaned out (that's just slightly less ridiculous than the suggestion last year that we should play Lithgow up front). We need more defenders, not to be getting shot of them.

Anyway, Clydebank tonight could be in jeopardy for me with work causing slight issues :thumbsdown . Any idea what team we're sending?

I don't think Linton is a bad player at all! Just can see Smith at left back and a new centre half! And could see Linton wanting more football! Looked decent during the Stranraer game! And can see a few trialists playing tonight! All I know is Halsman is getting another chance tonight!

I don't think Linton is a bad player at all! Just can see Smith at left back and a new centre half! And could see Linton wanting more football! Looked decent during the Stranraer game! And can see a few trialists playing tonight! All I know is Halsman is getting another chance tonight!

Remember though that Linton signed for us knowing fine well that Scott Smith was here and he would need to challenge him for a place at left back. If he's not in the team it's because he's not impressed enough but I think we'll see a lot of Linton this year. I sincerely hope that Halsman isn't playing with a view to signing. We have 4 strikers (5 if you count McKerracher) so signing him when it's glaringly obvious we need to strengthen other areas would be a baffling move.

Remember though that Linton signed for us knowing fine well that Scott Smith was here and he would need to challenge him for a place at left back. If he's not in the team it's because he's not impressed enough but I think we'll see a lot of Linton this year. I sincerely hope that Halsman isn't playing with a view to signing. We have 4 strikers (5 if you count McKerracher) so signing him when it's glaringly obvious we need to strengthen other areas would be a baffling move.

Yeah would agree! Hopefully see Kirkpatrick play tonight too.

Scott Linton is a centre mid who we played mainly at left mid/left back due to him being left footed.When we won at the rock midweek in the second division due to injuries he played right back and was brilliant due to him being really two footed.He also has an amazing long throw in his armoury with a lack of pace being his only real weakness.If sending him out on loan was an option then you have the best squad in the division.